Saturday, March 22, 2008

Back in the saddle!

Well, it's been a super long time since I tried to give this blogging thing a chance, but I'm going to give it another shot. As you can imagine, a lot has happened since I last created this account in November 2007, but I'm just going to consider this a clean slate and today is day one:) I am going to try really hard to commit to working on this once a day or so. I want to see if I can stick to it:) and I think it'll be a great way to keep a record of all the fun things happening!


We celebrated Aaron's birthday (the big 2-4) yesterday with some friends up at his apartment on campus. Since he spent all day Thursday in Anaheim with Randy and Randy's friend Mitch at the tournament, the theme was March Madness. We had a great time with people stopping in. Here are some pictures from the night:

MARCH MADNESS!




A close up of the cakes!

The birthday boy

Today has been a long day. I had to be at school at 7:45 am for the last of my duties as a member of the Moot Court Board. Today was the first year moot and I had to judge 3 rounds and sit in and "run the room" for 2 rounds. Judging was a lot of fun but it was a pretty long and non-stop kind of day. I just got home a little bit ago because the traffic was awful since it is like summer weather here! The beaches are packed and as much as I love it, it makes getting your regular chores in Santa Monica a little bit bigger of a production.

Aaron is back in Anaheim for the tournament. Unfortunately, Duke lost today but he is watching Stanford v. Marquette and UCLA v. A&M.

Tomorrow should be a lot of fun. Aaron will be sharing his actual birthday with "Risen Jesus and the Easter Bunny" (his words, not mine). We dyed easter eggs last week but we might try round 2 now that we're warmed up again:) We are planning to have dinner with my brother and his girlfriend T at PF Changs, one of the birthday boy's favorites. Hope that everyone has a blessed Easter Sunday and a great rest of the weekend.

P.S. I am going to steal an idea from my blogger idol Courtney Bryan and make this part of my posts (thanks, Court!!!):

"And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

1 comments:

*Courtney* said...

Oh, thanks for the shout out! You're sweet. Looks like ACE had a great b-day! Those cakes are AMAZING!