Thursday, March 27, 2008

I should be packing....

We leave for Washington, DC TOMORROW MORNING! Woo hoo!

Thanks to everyone for all of your travel advice, phone calls, and good wishes!

We will be flying at 10:40am and arriving at Dulles at 6:30pm where the lovely Sarah Kay will be picking us up. Mom, I got the box-thanks for the free movie! Aaron and I will try to take a break from outlining to enjoy some of the inflight entertainment:) We leave DC on Sunday night at 8:30pm DC time.

Anyway, there will be lots to post after this weekend. But I wanted to post this last night but I was too tired after a long day of school...by long day I mean classes, 3 hour sushi lunch date with Pammy:), more class, dinner with Mary and Aaron:), and Bible Study-whew!...but anyway, this is what I was dying to share!

A little background: apparently there is a Texan that lives in Santa Monica, goes to my gym, and subscribes to Texas Monthly. The April 2008 issue was in the community reading pile so I decided to thumb through it yesterday during my stairmaster/elliptical cardio morning.

There is a feature called "The Texanist" where a writer has offered "fine advice since 2007" (what?!) This issue had 5 burning questions that give us a taste of what is on the minds of those living in God's country:

1. Question omitted to preserve the classiness of my blog (you can find it online if I have peaked your interest)

2. Is is okay to take your children to a bar? Elaine via email

3. Why is Big Red so good? Shelby via email (aka, Aaron finally has a printed explanation for one of his favorite obsessions)

4. And then the question that made me laugh out loud: I am a fairly new resident of the state, but I wanted to host a get together to celebrate Texas Independence day. First, as a nonnative, is this even advisable? Second, what are the makings of a good Independence Day celebration? Mike Weatherbee, Lufkin

Who knew?! I'll be the first to admit that when I got Mitchell Moses' email about a Texas Independence Day party, I thought it was a good excuse to have people over for BBQ. Despite my doubts, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to use my Texas shaped cookie cutters (a birthday present from Carly last year!)...all in the "Remember the Alamo" spirit:

I'm already excited about making them again next year!

I hope that everyone has a great weekend. Can't wait to post DC pics!!!

Oh, and #5 for the Texanist was:

Q: How does one properly dispose of chewed gum when one is without a proper container for said chewed gum? Patricia Threadgill, Marlin

Burning, burning questions.

"I will lift up my eyes to the hills -- From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2


0 comments: