Monday, September 8, 2008

09.08.08!

As you read in yesterday's post, today Aaron and I celebrated 2 wonderful blessed years together. Just a quick trip down memory lane and then I'll write about our day.

September 8, 2006: The night before, Aaron and I spent a lot of time together at a club in Hollywood. I know what you're thinking...Aaron and Courtney in a club?! Well, we were both dumb enough to get sucked into being the designated drivers for our friends. Late that night when we had gotten both of our sets of friends back safely, Aaron called and asked if he could take me out the next night. He suggested dessert because he had a flag football meeting/practice and so it was going to be too late to have dinner. I was thrilled and nervous because I was really starting to like this boy! All day I was preparing in my head...what I was going to wear, what I was going to talk about, what I would eat for dessert, etc etc not to mention--was this a date or just friends (mentor and mentee, actually) going out for dessert? At about 6pm on Friday the 8th, Aaron called and said that his practice was cancelled and asked if I had eaten dinner yet? All of a sudden, my low key "going out for dessert" was turning into...a...DATE? Aaron came over (looking adorable) and we went to have dinner at Gaucho Grill, and Argentinian Steakhouse in Brentwood. We parked a few blocks over and walked to the restaurant. On the way, Aaron, THANKFULLY, broke the ice and said that his roomates were giving him a hard time while he was getting ready and he said that Jerren told him that J was going to live vicariously through Aaron since J wasn't going on any dates that night...yippee, I thought, it IS a date!

Long story short, dinner was fantastic and we wanted to get some dessert afterwards. After brainstorming, we conceded that we both just felt like some candy and so the second half of our first date was spent at a VONS supermarket buying sour patch kids (Aaron) and cherry pull n peel twizzlers (me). And I guess you could say the rest is history:) Saturday, we went to the Texas Exes bar in Manhattan Beach with Jerren to watch Texas play Ohio State and by Sunday, after church, we were "officially" dating.

September 8, 2007: It was a Saturday, so Aaron and I spent almost the whole day at the Getty Villa in Malibu. I remeber that Aaron brought me the prettiest sunflower bouquet. We also got a snack at Robeks in Pacific Palisades and watched some of the Texas game...and then we had our anniversary dinner at Gaucho Grill, of course!

TODAY! September 8, 2008!
I was so thrilled that I was able to be in LA with Aaron for our actual anniversary. (Thanks to my awesome boss!) Aaron had school this morning from 8-12 so I had a chance to have coffee with my sweet friend Lisa in Malibu. I picked up some lunch for Aaron and met him at his apartment so that he could eat before going to an interview for a summer job at 1 at the law school. It was so great to be back at school! I ran into a lot of friends that I miss seeing so much and I got to visit with one of my dearest friends, Brad, who has his own fancy office at school:) Aaron and I had a chance to see a lot of special people today and share our engagement with them...what a blessing and what a great way to spend our anniversary! For me, it confirmed how special it would be for us to get married at Pepperdine so we're working on it!!

We spent the afternoon together getting frozen yogurt, shopping for golf shoes for Aaron, having tea with our sweet friend Tyler, exchanging gifts, and visiting with our dear friend Stacy Rothberg. I had assumed that we would go back to Gaucho Grill this year but Aaron surprised me with an incredibly sweet and romantic dinner at Geoffrey's in Malibu tonight. We spent a lot of dinner talking about wedding stuff and I told Aaron that I'm so glad that he has an opinion about what he pictures for our wedding. I know that often, you hear about the groom who doesn't really care and is not involved. I love that Aaron and I are really talking about how we can make this thing "ours":)

Here are a few pictures from dinner:

Our lovely meal, with celebratory Rose and everything!




My mom sent us some fun stuff for our anniversary, including this adorable chocolate bar. It's hard to see in the picture but it is called the "Marital Bliss Bar"...girls, how great is that?!



Aaron's not so happy about it


As a random side note, when Aaron and I parked to meet Tyler for tea, we passed this neat stationery store in Pacific Palisades. There was a monogrammed totebag that we could see from the window and I pointed it out to Aaron because I have always obsessed with monograms and I am so excited for us to get to use one in our wedding. Well, we both looked closer and realized that it was OUR MONOGRAM! How crazy! We went in and talked to the nice girls that worked there. They told us that it was just a sample so it wasn't for sale but they were sweet enough to let me take a picture...love it!



I hope that everyone had a great Monday. I am off to bed to wake up early to make the boys some guacamole before Aaron picks me up to take me to the airport:( Of course I'm sad to head back to SF tomorrow-already!- but I'm so thankful for such a wonderful long weekend...and 2 very blessed years!

"You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11

0 comments: