Yesterday, my parents celebrated their 33rd wedding anniversary. Mom and Dad dated for 7 years before they got married on September 20, 1975, while Dad was waiting for bar results! I was glad that I got to be here to celebrate this happy occasion with them. For fun, I took a picture of Mom and Dad's wedding invitation. A good friend of theirs designed it for them and the blue calico flower pattern is the design of my mom's China.
Sorry this is so blurry! It's hard to take a picture of a picture but you get the idea...
As part of the celebration, we went to dinner last night with Grammie and Papa, Annie, Uncle Gary, and Kristi. There is a really great hole-in-the-wall Shanghainese restaurant...and they had the awesome soup dumplings that we had at the other Shanghainese restaurant for my Uncle's birthday when Aaron was in town...yum! After dinner, we all came back to our house for french pastries and an impromptu Wii bowling contest. Mom was really determined to reach the "pro level" of 1000 points so she probably bowled about 7 straight games and finally broke 1000 at about 11pm!
I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend. I am flying to LA on Friday night to take engagement pictures with Aaron this weekend:) Our sweet photographer Matt (www.mattdorroh.blogspot.com) is flying in from Mississippi to meet us and shoot some, hopefully, really cute pictures! We are excited and of course, it was the best excuse to go shopping with my girlfriend Justine on Saturday and do some damage...I want the outfits to be a surprise but here's a sneak peek of some of my shoe options!
Courtney B, these make me think of you!
Red shoes in engagement pictures = a must!
H&M goodies...yes, they're new. I hope we aren't going to walk far for pictures!
and last but VERY not least:
Now you want to know what I'm planning to wear, huh??? It's even a surprise to me! Aaron and I have to figure out how to coordinate a little bit Friday night when I get into town:)
PS-WELCOME BACK TO CALIFORNIA, KATE!!! I've missed you so much!
"Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth." Colossians 3:2
Sunday, September 21, 2008
#33!

Posted by
Courtney
at
4:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment