Thursday, January 15, 2009

Playing catch up

Wow, I can't believe tomorrow will be one week since I last blogged! Who says that you can't stay busy while you are unemployed?!

Let's see, what have I been up to?

Saturday: I let Aaron do some homework up in Malibu while I went to the gym and laid out in the sun reading a book Saturday morning. It has been crazy beautiful hot weather here ALL week long...like 80 degrees and no wind every day! I picked up my friend Lauren from the airport on Saturday night and headed up to Malibu to meet Aaron for a quick dinner before we met the Herndons at the Pepperdine vs. Loyola Marymount Men's basketball game Saturday night. I forgot my Pepperdine ID so I had to pay $10 to get in, but it was worth it because Pepperdine won! It was a good game because the undergrads really get into it, especially when they play LMU. IT is really fun to have the opportunity to see college sports live...and even better when I have Christie Herndon there to chat with while the boys are busy paying attention;)

Sunday: A few months ago, after much prayer and discussion, Aaron and I decided to leave Figueroa Church of Christ and officially place membership at University Church of Christ. I have actually held "dual membership" at both churches since 2006 but Aaron officially placed membership last week and so our preacher, Ken, announced Aaron's membership on Sunday morning. It was funny because a lot of the church knows Aaron since he is in charge of the graduate Bible Study, but we have officially established our new home at UCC and we are very excited to get involved. It is really nice to have a family at UCC already...Dean Gash and his family who have recently returned from a semester spent in London, Dean Perrin and his family, ET and her sister Caitlin, and many more of our law school classmates. The church is divided into "family circles" and so every month, each family circle meets to share a meal with each other. This past week was family circles and Aaron and my circle was having an Italian theme. We were assigned to bring dessert and I was racking my brain as to what would be a good Italian dessert to make! I had a recipe in one of my cookbooks for biscotti so I decided to try it! I also made chocolate chip, peanut butter, and snickerdoodles in case people weren't into the biscotti. I found this great basket at the craft store and so I was really happy with what we ended up bringing!



We enjoyed our family circle time and snuck in a quick Sunday nap before we headed to my brother's house for dinner. My brother and his girlfriend bought a Christmas tree this year and so we had to see it before it totally dried out, haha:) They treated us to a nice homemade dinner of comfort foods: baked macaroni and cheese, my dad's rosemary potatoes, and mashed sweet potatoes! It was so good, I will definitely have to get T's baked macaroni and cheese recipe! Aaron and I rounded out the meal with some no pudge brownies that we made for dessert. After dinner, we exchanged our gifts which was so fund because we all got each other gag gifts! We also took a little "family" picture in front of the tree but I'm waiting to get the picture from my brother since we used his camera. I will post it when I get it and I promise it is worth the wait!

Hmmm Monday through today was filled with sleeping, gymming, doing laundry, doing some wedding stuff, applying to lots of jobs, enjoying the sun, and visiting with some friends. Today was especially lovely because I met my friend Julie for some afternoon iced tea. She spent the summer clerking in Uganda and then she was in London all fall semester! Needless to say, we had lots to catch up on! Tonight, I had dinner with ET and there really is nothing better than good food and even better company:)

I had to come home tonight and pack because Aaron and I are going with 13 other law students tomorrow to build a house in Tijuana! I went last year and had a blast but Aaron was busy working on his moot court problem so he wasn't able to go. Aaron and I tried to organize a trip for Spring Break but risk management shut us down because Tijuana was "unsafe" for travel. We are very excited and we promise to be careful, Moms:)!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful 3-day weekend! Enjoy the sunshine, Californians!

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:34-35

0 comments: