Literally! I was so surprised that I was able to get through my 5 miler this morning. It seriously felt like nothing...oh how I wish it was like that every morning, haha.
Anyway, I was surprised because when I stopped to add it up last night, I had worked 14 hours yesterday! Ok, well that's a bit deceiving because I worked 9-5 and then went to J Crew for my training which ended up being 6 hours long! I didn't have any idea that it would be that long but the time flew and I also didn't have any idea that we would be paid for the training...so, train on, J Crew! Being in that store just makes me happy with all the bright colors, ruffles, and sophisticated girly-ness...can you tell I'm a little excited about my fun new part time job? I got the chance to meet most of my new co-workers who are seriously awesome. I was telling Aaron that it's not just that everyone is nice, everyone has a super cool personality and seems way fun. We were joking that 6 hour training was all a ploy to see if we really got along or not...and we do! Did I mention that there are 2 male managers and the rest of us are GIRLS?? It's a great mix, we have a super cool mom of a 17 year old and a 22 year old, a Pepp undergrad, a Malibu High senior...it's just a fun group that I'm really looking forward to working with and getting to know. The best part of last night was that I was really nervous that the managers wouldn't be too thrilled that as a new hire, I'm not actually going to start until May 4th. But, they were SO nice and totally understood that I needed to finish my time at the law firm next week and they were almost militant about enjoying the wedding and the honeymoon and just touching base when I'm back and ready to work. I had been really prayerful about how that conversation and whole situation would play out and once again, God was faithful and heard my prayers and provided a better outcome than I could have imagined.
I'm also pretty high on life because Kate comes today and I'm going to go pick her up on my lunch break! She'll have to kill some time while I finish the work day but then we are headed up to Malibu for dinner with Aaron. We're also going to check out a student art show in Malibu that our awesome wedding planner is participating in! I am excited to see her paintings because I didn't even know about her secret talents...I think she has a lot of tricks up her sleeve;)
But Kate and I will have to make it an early bedtime because per her request, we will be grabbing Coffee Bean tea lattes tomorrow morning and heading out early to the LA flowermart to browse and order all the reception and wedding flowers. It's going to be fantastic and I cannot wait.
I hope that everyone has a great Good Friday (sorry, I couldn't resist) and truly has a moment to reflect on the significance of today and what it means in our lives. In honor of that, just a small reminder to leave you with:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
Friday, April 10, 2009
Running on fumes...and excitement!

Posted by
Courtney
at
10:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Sounds like J.Crew is going to be so much for you. I hope you love it!
Post a Comment