Saturday, June 6, 2009

Random Catch-Up Post

I just uploaded photos from my camera to blog and I forgot how many random things I took pictures of to blog about this week! Aaron is at the driving range, practicing for a few rounds of golf he has coming up in the next few weeks, so it's a perfect time for random blogging:)

1. First up, a photo of the view from my desk at work on a beautiful day. The weather has been weird, but I happened to have my camera with me on Thursday when the rain cleared and it was absolutely gorgeous.

I haven't really mentioned it but I am now working at Pepperdine in the President's Office. I feel incredibly grateful to have a job that I love and love going to. Everyone is so nice and my love for Pepperdine continues to grow every day.

2. On Thursday night, we went to the Dodgers game with Aaron's summer bosses. They were really sweet to invite us to go with them--and they were extra sweet to give us the VIP parking pass too! We had a great time, in good seats, with good company. Here's a few shots from the game:



We had a really good time and weren't home too late (since we did have to go to work on Friday!)

3. Really good news came on Friday...

For the almost 3 years I have lived at my apartment, my parking spot has been under this big, leafy tree. It's been frustrating because my car just gets trashed sitting in the space, especially when I go out of town. Aaron and I have basically resorted to parking my car a little bit out of the tree's way but the mess is inevitable. Anyway, on Friday, I came home from work and, ta-da! The tree is gone! We were really, REALLY excited. I still can't believe it!

4. I've saved the best random news for last...we got new bedding! We went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond last weekend to use some gift card money to get the bedding we didn't receive at our wedding and we love it. I held off on blogging because we were waiting for our throw pillows to arrive from target.com. They came yesterday and I think that it just makes the whole room. So, without further adieu, our lovely new bed!

Layer 1: Our striped white sheets and pleated bedskirt

Layer 2: the same kind of blanket that Aaron had on his old bed

Layer 3: our charcoal grey duvet cover and shams and the BEST throw pillows ever.

I'm obsessed with the yellow. I literally did a little dance when they arrived.

and they are reversible. What else could you ask for!?

I hope that everyone has had a wonderful weekend. I'm thrilled that we have half of it left!
""But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

0 comments: