Well folks, I'm a little behind, huh? I know that we'll have LOTS of pictures after our Thanksgiving travels this weekend so I wanted to get a little caught up before that post. So, here goes!
Two Sundays ago, we drove to Huntington Beach after church for Brad and Janelle's engagement party. We are so excited that these two precious people found each other and will get married on May 23, 2010! The party was hosted by a family friend of Janelle's and it was a very sweet and thoughtful party at a really awesome house. After the awesome brunch fare, we played a few games of Corn Hole (aka, washers) before we headed out. Here we are with the soon-to-be bride and groom: If you want to see more of Brad and Janelle, they just got proofs of their engagement photos. Click here to check them out.
And, oh yeah, I cut my hair! I think that I must have been really ready to take the plunge because I haven't regretted the "major" (well, for me, at least) change. I am happy with how much "cleaner" and more professional it looks. It takes me slightly more time in the morning, but it's worth it. You might have also noticed that Aaron looks different too (ahem, moustache, ahem). I have endured, I mean supported, his efforts to take place in something called Movember. You can read more about it--and his month--on his blog.
Now that you're all caught up on our appearances...
This past weekend, I went to my very first Tupperware party. One of my friends at work was the hostess and I was really excited to be invited! I think Aaron was excited that I didn't go crazy with buying stuff. I bought a few cool things including a meat marinader. Yep, that's right--I technically bought something for Aaron at the party! It was a lot of fun and if money were no issue, I'd stock our cabinets full of Tupperware products.
Fast forward to this week...on Monday night, my women's Bible study small group decided to have our version of a Thanksgiving feast. I was so proud of us--we put together a really great meal! Aaron was sweet enough to have dinner with Jerren that night, but not before he produced this masterpiece:
Check us out! We have some chefs in our group for sure! It was so successful that we want to try to have a potluck dinner once a month or so.
Monday, November 23, was also Aaron's cousin Elise's birthday...which is exciting because on Tuesday, November 24, Elise had her baby and our new cousin KENSY NICOLE!
Terrie went to see her at the hospital today and she was sweet enough to send us this:
Hi sweet Kensy girl! We can't wait to meet you.
So, early tomorrow morning, we are headed to TEXAS! We will be meeting Craig and Terrie in Houston where we'll get a car and drive to College Station to meet Ryne and Grammy. We'll be a group divided (Aaron and I being the 'Horns fans and everyone else being the Aggie fans) but I know we'll have a blast at the game tomorrow night. Can't wait! Before we get to tomorrow, though, today is November 25 so we are celebrating 7 months of marriage, woo! We didn't have a candle and we're going to get dessert later tonight so we improvised...
I hope that all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Please take a moment to thank God for the blessings overflowing in your life. We have more than we could ever, ever ask for.
"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6-7
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Playing Catch Up

Posted by
Courtney
at
4:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment