Last night, Aaron put his name into a drawing to shoot for $10,000 at halftime at the Pepperdine Men's Basketball game. To win the money, he had to make a layup, a free throw, a 3 point shot, and a half court shot in 30 seconds. For some reason, I got this weird feeling when he entered the drawing that he would get picked so when they announced his name, I was pretty calm (I know, right?) It was fun because we happened to have a lot of our law school friends in the stands so it was exciting to watch Aaron with a big group. He made the layup with no problem but unfortunately, my video on my BlackBerry didn't start until after that.
As you can see, he got robbed on some of those free throws! Also, you might have noticed that I forgot I was filming at the end and, I guess, couldn't watch the ending! He had made his first 3-point shot attempt right before the buzzer went off.
No matter how Aaron tells the story to you, I am so proud of him for doing so well under pressure. I can't even imagine what I would do if they called my name...I would probably be a puddle on the court!
We are leaving in a few hours to head up to Big Bear for a weekend in the snow with some of our friends. We're excited and I'm sure I'll have a lot to post on Monday! Have a great weekend everyone.
"Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit." Mark 13:11
Friday, January 29, 2010
$10,000 Shot

Posted by
Courtney
at
9:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment