Sunday, May 9, 2010

Week In Review

Wow, this week definitely flew by. Aaron took his first final on Tuesday and we spent a good part of the rest of the week attending the 67th Annual Bible Lectures at Pepperdine. I was so grateful to my friend Nicole for referring me to some really awesome speakers and Aaron and I were able to attend a few of the evening programs. I'm always so blown away by just how many people make the trek to campus.



We were thrilled to get to see our friend Jonathan while he was in town as well.

Although I had high hopes for getting a few things done this weekend, I started to feel a litle under the weather on Friday. If you know me, you know that I absolutely cannot stand feeling less than 100%. This is just a bunch of sinus congestion and drainage but I've been fighting it like crazy, kicking and screaming..and complaining (sorry, Aaron) all the way. So, while Aaron was studying yesterday, I was able to run a few errands. While I was out, I picked up some day and night sinus medicine because we were going to have dinner with our friend Erin for her birthday and I wanted to feel better. So, instinctively, I took the white pills since the blue pills are usually for nighttime. I felt pretty out of it but I just assumed it's because I don't get sick and therefore, I don't take medicine very often. I made it through dinner and spent the rest of the evening catching up on some Glees with Aaron on the couch. Aaron got me the nighttime medicine so I could just call it a night and so he brings me white pills. I tell him, in my uber-groggy state that those are daytime pills. Um, do you see where this is going? Don't ask me why, because it's completely counterintuitive, but the white pills are for nighttime and the blue are for day! No wonder I felt completely foggy in the head! Anyway, I slept like a baby and even though I didn't make it to Bible class with Aaron this morning, I did make it down to church for the service at 10:15 and I feel somewhat better.

While we were leaving church, my brother texted us to see what we were doing this afternoon. He was not going to be available for dinner so we decided to meet him at Hotel Erwin in Venice. Bran had mentioned that he was doing something with this hotel and it turns out that he is the new music director for the rooftop lounge. He supplies the DJ's for the lounge Thursdays through Sundays and it is a great spot. There is a 360degree view of the city and it's fun to people watch above the world famous Venice Beach. It will be so much fun to spend time there this summer!






It would have only been more perfect if we could have had both of our moms there with us. We are incredibly blessed to have not only wonderful moms but aunts and grandmas that are more loving than we could ever imagine. We are also blessed to know friends who are amazing moms to their own children. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! We love you!

Have a wonderful week!

"Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done." Psalm 105:1

0 comments: