On April 25, 2011, Aaron and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary. I can't believe how fast time has flown. On the other hand, I can't remember what it was like before we were married! We have been so blessed by this amazing marriage.
We were going to keep things low key this year because it was Easter weekend but on Thursday, April 21, Aaron asked me if I could take a half day on Friday and if I could get someone to cover my Saturday morning spin class. I had no idea where we were going...Aaron is really really good at this surprise stuff! On Friday, we left Malibu at about 3:30 and headed down PCH. Still no idea...about 2 hours later (gotta love LA traffic), we were in Pasadena. I always rave about Pasadena so I was really excited to spend the night there. But then it got even better! I had mentioned this gorgeous hotel to Aaron in passing months ago, never dreaming we would actually stay there! If you are ever in the area, The Langham is definitely worth the splurge.
Aaron had it all covered. These were waiting for us in our beautiful room:
The hotel colors are pink and gold and I couldn't get enough of it. I love these little hotel goodies in the bathroom.
When we checked in, Aaron told me that we had a bit of time before our dinner reservations at 7. Is he good or what? We spent some time checking out the beautiful grounds.
For dinner, we headed into old town Pasadena for a delicious meal at El Portal.
On Saturday morning, we slept in and had breakfast at one of the hotel restaurants. So relaxing! Right before we left the room, we noticed that we had three chocolates left that could not be left behind. While I was double checking that we had everything, Aaron taste-tested them and ranked them based on what I would like best, haha! (He was right on, by the way)
One last picture before heading out...
After checking out of the hotel, we stopped in LA Chinatown because we've never been.
After Chinatown, Aaron took me to Bottega Louie downtown. He has eaten at the restaurant with our friend John and he brought me macarons (not a misspelling; they are French macarons!) the last time he was there. It was really cool to see it the day before Easter.
Sunday was Easter so we went to service in the Fieldhouse on campus.
Our friends are so fancy.
We took a picture but it did not come out well:( Picture fail.
Monday was our actual anniversary. Again, I thought we'd do something easy since I taught spin after work. Aaron came up big again and took me to Gaucho Grill where we went on our first date! I am a lucky girl.
Not a really scenic or special picture but proof that we were there!
It was a really wonderful wedding anniversary and it makes me so excited for all the future celebrations!
The reading from our wedding: "Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3: 12-17
Thursday, May 5, 2011
2 Years

Posted by
Courtney
at
10:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Happy Anniversary Court! I know I have never met Aaron but I could tell he makes you so happy!
Xoxo,
Lily
Post a Comment