Well, it's been so long since I've had a minute to post but lots has happened!
We had a great time spending my birthday in San Francisco with my family. The weather was good and it was sure nice to get on a plane and be at your destination in an hour! We spent Friday night at Mel's Drive-In for burgers and shakes and coke floats (guess who had that...) and headed to bed early for birthday fun on Saturday! We got up early, went to the gym and then had an impromptu brunch at Squat and Gobble on Chestnut. Our next stop was the Exploratorium. Unofortunately we didn't take very many pictures at all (we were too busy enjoying being geeky and checking out all of the exhibits) but this one sort of sums up the day:
We really did have a lot of fun playing around and we were definitely not the oldest people there! Dinner with my family was at the Basque Cultural Center. It was so good to see my Grammie and Papa, Annie, UG, and Ta:) Dinner was awesome and if anyone is interested in that restaurant when you go up north, please let me know and I will give you the info for it! We did presents and stuff at our house after dinner and here's some fun pictures from that.
This one is one of my faves with Aaron and my Grandpa. My grandpa really liked Aaron's vest (he has the same one)

We spent Sunday going to church in the city and picking out a new wireless router for my apartment so I can sit here comfortably on my couch-wirelessly-typing this RIGHT NOW! Woo!
Two weekends of traveling left us pretty tired but it doesn't help knowing that we are in the worst part of the semester! We have 1.5 more weeks of classes and finals start the last week of April. It sounds cliche, but where does the time go!
Luckily, God is always working and there was all kinds of good news this week. God blessed me with some surprise scholarships and most importantly, Aaron will be going to the business school next year! He is so excited and I'm one of the many who are not totally surprised that he has set and achieved another goal for himself:) but SO SO PROUD of him. God is good and it will be really cool to see what doors he continues to open for Aaron!
I am busy at work at a new task too. I had mentioned to Aaron a little while back that I was interested in auditioning to speak at Graduation. I have so much to be thankful to Pepperdine for that I thought I would really enjoy speaking to my class on that special day. During a much needed Urth Caffe dessert date with Jackie on Friday night, some ideas cemented in my head that I'd like to talk about. I'm rolling them around as I finalize them but please pray about this because I'm so thankful that God has urged me to do this but I'm going to need him 100% to make this happen! The audition will take place next Wednesday (the last day of law school classes forever..aah!)
We are getting ready to have dinner with my brother tonight. It's been 2 weeks since we've had our Sunday dinners since we have been traveling. Aaron has been busy checking out his business school and public policy students who have already finished their school year so we went to the early service at the University Church of Christ this morning and it's always good to see some favorite girls there! I got the chance to take a picture of the chapel this morning--and it's even prettier on the inside!
I hope that everyone has been taking good care of themselves and that your apts/homes/on campus apts are COOLER than mine has been these past few days!
"I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish." Galatians 5-16:17



1 comments:
I am totally excited about your blog... it is adorable :) And so are you!
Xo,
Kari
http://sweetsowers.blogspot.com
Post a Comment