Monday, April 21, 2008

Little somethings...

WARNING: this is going to be a list of lots of random ideas. I can't really exert much energy (it's finals time) to think of how they all string together, but they are things that I want to write about so, here goes!

1. My grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary last Friday. I don't even think that there are words to describe how precious that is. I pray that God continues to bless them and their commitment to each other that is an amazing example to all of us:)

2. Aaron and I watched a movie on Saturday night which is, actually, in almost 20 months, not something we do a lot of, so it is always a treat. We picked up some dinner, watched Jeopardy (yay!) and then we saw my friends Kate and Kacey Coppola auditioning for that show "Can You Duet?" on CMT! So exciting! Then we went to blockbuster (and Rite Aid for sweets!) and got a movie that Aaron could've seen in Seattle last summer but didn't: King of Kong, Fistful of Quarters. It's a documentary about professional video gamers. At first, I thought that I should win the "girlfriend of the year" award for agreeing to watch it (just kidding, ACE!) but the story is actually really good. It is also SUPER funny because you can't believe that these grown men are that serious about DONKEY KONG.

3. On a more serious note, so much is going on lately. There were some really scary losses last week at school. A friend's dad passed away unexpectedly (this is a sweet friend; her and her fiance are graduating with me next month and getting married in August)...and then a friend's grandfather. Currently, we are praying nonstop for a friend who collapsed and is bleeding in her brain. She is in surgery as I type and we are just so prayerful that the Lord will heal her if that is His will. They have a newborn and her husband is my year at school, getting ready to graduate. It's a scary time and it has really shaken me to the absolute core. With graduation coming, I am already a leaky faucet because I'm so nostalgic--but hearing this news is so sobering. I am so thankful for all the amazing people in my life and the way that God has blessed me and kept me safe from harm and pain and loss....it makes me so much more anxious to see loved ones at Graduation in a few weeks.

4. And speaking of that, a big chunk of the weekend was also spent finalizing the speech for the audition on Wednesday. I really appreciate all of the support and I am so excited to share it with the panel that will decide who speaks! Thank you to everyone for being a special part of this whole experience---just the trying out! Your encouragement is priceless:)

5. I found out today that I will be proctoring 2 make up exams the second week of finals since I am done the 1st week. I'll make $10/hour for a morning exam on Monday and Wednesday (they are about 3 hours each)...every little bit counts right??

6. I've decided to give up caffeine cold turkey today. I think that 99% of my coffee drinking and coke zero obsessing is HABIT. It's not something I want to be "addicted" to...in life..but especially during finals and bar studying. I am saying this because I know that my loved ones read this and I expect every single one of you to hold me accountable. If you see a starbucks cup in my hand, you are free to knock it out. Seriously! YAY WATER! (and probably advil for a few days to deal with the withdrawals)

7. Oh! and does anyone know anything about Skype? Aaron will be in Odessa this summer and we are thinking about skyping so that we can "see" each other. We've heard mixed reviews but it is definitely something we're going to at least give a shot. I have a built in web cam in my new laptop and Aaron thinks that there is a camera at home somewhere. But any tips would be greatly appreciated! Aaron's roomate Isaac was telling us last night about skyping with his girlfriend Courtney while she was in China last summer and that it sounded like there was a rabbit running in the background each time they talked. These are the things we are hoping to avoid! With stress from bar studying for me and long days of working for A, we don't need rabbits running in the background when we are trying to catch up!!!

I hope that everyone is already having a great week!

"For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another. "
Romans 12:3-5

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

skype is great- it works fine- I used it to call Sunil from India and the video cam works well too. I had no problems but I recommending calling a land line and arrange to be oline at a certain time or you have to pay for the initial phone call.