Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Day In the Life

It's only been 3 (sort of) days of Bar/Bri but I already miss my regular life! Don't get me wrong, it is a true BLESSING to have the opportunity to study for this exam; a BLESSING to have my parents help and support to take this class and study full time without having to work to pay for it; a BLESSING to have all your sweet thoughts and prayers of strength, encouragement, and focus; and a BLESSING to have the physical and mental health capacity to have gotten this far.

BUT, I already miss keeping in touch with all of you-I miss the emails, facebook posts, phone calls, text messages. I thought I would outline what the next 10 weeks will look like:

5:30am: wake up!
6:00am-7:30am: work out
8:15am: carpool to school with my friend Johnny
9:00am: watch bar/bri lecture on video at school (take hand notes in book)
10:00am: 10 minute break (the video counts down our 10 minutes)
11:30am: another 10 minute break
12:30pm ish: video lecture ends
LUNCH BREAK!
1:30pm: start on assignments for the day
6:00pm: head back home for the day
DINNER BREAK!
7:30pm: finish up work for the day
9:00pm: shower, Bible time, for-fun reading
10:00pm: SLEEP!

It's a pretty crazy schedule, but you know me, I love structure so this kind of life works for me...at least for the next 10 weeks:)

Bar/bri is going well though. I'm really trying to embrace the idea that I'm never going to feel 100% good about what I know. Heck, we've done all of the Federal Rules of Evidence in 2 DAYS. It's quite a schedule they have us on, but then again, there's a lot to review. I just know that I am going to do whatever I can do TODAY. And rest up and do the same (if not more) tomorrow. One day at a time:)

So, please know that I'm thinking of each and every one of you--missing you, praying for you, hoping you are enjoying the summer days. And thank you for doing the same for me!

Another perfect scripture for the day:
"Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain." Philippians 2:14-16

0 comments: