So, I had a really nice evening last night skyping with my favorite before going on a walk with my friend Kate-- and I even got to bed at a decent hour! I woke up, went to the gym, got ready for school, and even had time to check my email. Following some sweet emails from my Mom, emotional that I was starting to study for the bar exam today (thanks, Mommie, I love you), I had an email from Bank of America. The subject line said "Bank of America alert: Irregular Check Card Activity". I sort of chuckled, embarassed that my bank was chastising me for too much shopping. The email said that I needed to go online, verify my transactions, and then call them so they could take off any of the holds they put on my account. I noted the number and finished getting ready for the day.
I decided to just take care of it right away so I called the 1-800 number on my way to school. I was on hold a LONG time, and I was thinking to myself how silly this was that I had to wait just to tell them that it was me and my shopping that "alerted" them. WELL, the lady said that there were some charges that showed up today (it was 8:15 am) that they didn't think I was aware of. She rattled off a name that I had never heard of and as it turns out, someone got a hold of my debit card number. They immediately cancelled my card and in 5-7 days, I will receive a new card in the mail. OF course, I began racking my brain as to how/when this happened, but the good news is that (1) they caught it so fast, (2) my bank account is safe so I can make deposits and write checks in the meantime, and (3) because they caught it so fast, I haven't lost any money or anything. I kind of thought it was God's not so subtle way of telling me to cool it on the spending:)
So, anyway, an eventful morning. Bar/Bri was good this morning. It's funny to think we are spending so much moeny to watch 2 TV screens in Room E at school but I can't imagine how impossible bar studying would be without structure like this. It's so comforting to see people from school and it's funny that there are so many non-Pepperdine people there. At the same time, if I had an option to spend my summer studying, I'd want to find a way to Malibu too! The assignment was just some reading tonight but starting tomorrow, we'll have more to do-practice multiple choice and all that. I won't bore anyone with all that;)
Hope everyone had a great day back to work, school, non day off life!
"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. ... By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible."
Hebrews 11:1,3
(By the way, I post the "Daily Bible Verse" that I get in my inbox every day as the scripture for my blog because I meditate on it all day from the time that I get it until the last time I check my email for the day. This was today's--it was PERFECT for this huge new bar studying step I've taken! Thanks GOD!)
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
I love Bank of America

Posted by
Courtney
at
7:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment