Hi everyone! I decided to take a break from studying and write a little bit about the latest happenings. Wow, it's almost been a week since I last posted! So, in true lawyer fashion-a list-, here goes!
1. Last week at Bar/bri was good. We finished up torts and had to write our first essay to turn in for grading. That resulted in a little bit of panic but it turned out better than I could have asked for. It's really hard to put my pride to the side but once I realized that it was just that-my pride-that was causing the stress in my life over doing the essay, I was able to regroup and focus on the task at hand. We left torts and went on to Constitutional Law which was a welcome change for me. As some of you know, I was a Constitutional history major in college and I have loved US History pretty much since my Junior year of High School when I took AP US History and watched lots of PBS with my daddy! I told my mom that the lecture on Friday was better than watching TV! For those of us in bar/bri, you know how crazy that sounds because Professor Chemerinsky was not half as entertaining as Scheckter but then again, the soon to be dean of UC Irvine Law *did* have his 50 page lecture outline completely MEMORIZED! Crazy!
2. And then I was BLESSED with a great weekend of friendship. Kate and I celebrated the end of the week with a girl's night in. We went to Nijiya, the Japanses supermarket and bought all kinds of goodies for dinner. We has Oyako Donburi (eggs and chicken over rice), Tofu Curry (that actually had chicken in it?!), sushi, and edamame! Quite a feast! I was excited to share the market with Kate--she loved it! Our conversation was even better than our food:), and then we walked to Blockbuster and rented 27 Dresses. I could watch that movie a million times. THEN, Saturday night, I was reunited with my sweet Jackie after WAY too long! She has been traveling all over the place but had just finished her first week at CLC. Jacks and I used to always rendez-vous at Urth last summer since we never saw each other despite the fact that we were both working at CLC! It was so good to see her and I am so glad that we will get to share our experiences this summer. Lastly, Sunday morning brought a really convicting sermon in the morning at UCC and then coffee with Erin which is definitely one of my favorite things to do ever. By Sunday afternoon I was literally singing endless praises to God for bringing me such wonderful girlfriends to keep me so grounded and encouraged this summer.
3. After a short skype session with Aaron (and Terrie for a bit!), I went to meet my brother and T at the store for the weekly dinner date. We went to eat Chinese food by my brother's store and we took his new intern Jess with us. The food there reminds us of home:) and we were all pretty stuffed by the end of the night. It was a perfect end to such a great weekend. The best part was that I did all my work and more this weekend inbetween all the fun!!!
4. The only bad news was that I had to get a tire replaced today. I have patched the same tire twice in about 3 months and it was low on air AGAIN last night. So, it actually wasn't difficult at all to do. I went to Firestone right by my house after I got back from class and they took care of my little car while I ate lunch and reviewed Con Law (we had to write 2 essays today for practice and 1 to turn in for another grade!)
5. Oh, and I went to the post office to mail the very special Savannah Grace her 1 year old birthday present today!!! Her party was this weekend and I'm SO glad that her mommie is such a good blogger and posted the cute pics of her CARE BEAR birthday party!!! Here is the link to see it: It's so sweet because Courtney and her sister had Care Bear birthday parties when they turned 1 too so that's how she picked the theme. I love it, such a great, special job Court!!!
I hope that everyone is doing great and being sweet to their dads, grandpas, uncles, etc this week!
ps-Blog friends, how do you post a link? I'm still having a hard time doing it!!
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength." Deutoronomy 6:5
Monday, June 9, 2008
It's just another manic Monday

Posted by
Courtney
at
6:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment