Today is a very special day...
My cousin, Kristine Keilani Nicole Fong turned 12 today! Kristi, I hope that you have had the BEST birthday ever. You have worked so hard this year, your first year at Hoover Middle School, and every one who loves you could not be more proud of all your accomplishments. You are growing up (so fast!) into a beautiful, intelligent, loving young woman and I will always be here for you. I know that there are so many fun experiences waiting for you and I feel so lucky to get to share them with you. Happy birthday, I love you!
Kristi and I at Duke's graduation weekend
Also, my dear friend Courtney turned 24 today! Courtney and her husband, Matt are precious college friends of Aaron. I count them as my own blessings every day that I get to share in their wonderful friendship and fellowship. Courtney, I hope you had the most wonderful day and that y'all have a great time on your family vacation road trip!
2 Courtneys on New Years 2008
Wow, another week has flown by! This was a particularly long one since we had bar review class today.
BUT, In preparation for how difficult it was going to be to power through day-6-in-a-row of bar class, Kate and I had a really great study break planned for last night. This past Christmas, Kate received a very sweet and special gift from her mom--her grandmother's rolling pin and the Betty Crocker cookbook that has been passed down, maternally, in her family. We decided the week before that we were going to put it all to use this week so last night, after a great, relaxing chat session on the comfy couches at Kate's, we walked over to the grocery store and decided to make a white peach pie!
Here's how it all started:
Kate tackled the crust while I made the filling:
Ready to pour! (check out the cookbook!):
Ready to bake...
Ready to EAT!!!
Mmmm, peach MESS and it was good:)
It was another great Friday night study break and the day went much smoother thanks to it:) Either that, or the sweet smelling tuberoses on my doorstep this morning as I left for school! (Thanks again, Kate, I am so grateful for your friendship)
I just finished working for the evening. My standing Saturday date with Jackie had to be postponed because she wasn't feeling well but that gives me something wonderful to look forward to this week!
In other news, Aaron ran a 5K this morning, yeah babe!!! He is in game 2 of 12...it's quite a long homestand. Hang in there, you:)
Hope everyone is having a great weekend and happy Father's Day eve out there!
"Rebuke is more effective for a wise man Than a hundred blows on a fool." Proverbs 17:10
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Flag Day Birthday Girls!

Posted by
Courtney
at
8:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment