Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sweet Study Break

Just a quick note:

After a loooooong day of 100 multiple choice questions this morning and 6 essays this afternoon, I got a knock on the door (kinda heart stopping with earplugs in!) about 6pm today and it was my sweet friend Lisa! Lis graduated last year and took the bar last summer and is now a card carrying LAWYER:) She has been such an amazing mentor to me for the past 3 years and has been so helpful and supportive during this bar time. I have called her with weird, random questions, talked her ear off about my take on this whole "bar thing" and has been just all around wonderful. She stopped by today on her way to a birthday party and brought this for me for these last final days!



It was so great to take a break and chat with her and God sent her JUST at the right time, for sure. Speaking of time, this time next week, I will be watching "So You Think You Can Dance" with the bar far behind me:) How crazy!

Oh, and another great part of Lisa stopping by tonight was that I successfully got a tray of brownies OUT OF MY HOUSE! I made funfetti chip brownies on Tuesday night to take to Bible Study on Wednesday but unfortunately my study schedule didn't allow me to make it:( I totally missed the fellowship time AND I was not happy about having an entire pan of brownies in my house, while I'm studying, all alone!!! See, if Aaron was here, it'd be no problem...my sweet toothed sweetie, I wouldn't have him any other way! But I surely did not need those little temptations lying around here.

Hope everyone had a great Thursday...Kate and I have our last Bar Exam Studying Summer Funday Friday Night tomorrow! Can't wait!

"A perverse man sows strife, And a whisperer separates the best of friends." Proverbs 16:28

0 comments: