Hello world!
It's been too long since I have been able to blog. What is the date? My concept of time is how many days until July 28 (the day I leave for Ontario) and August 1 (the day I leave for TEXAS!). Has it been sunny? I leave the house at 6am for the gym and dont really go outside beyond that. And, most importantly, how are all of Y-O-U doing???
It has been a week since my barbri class officially ended. Since then, it's been lots of quality time with the inside of my apartment and a pretty intense love affair with my bar bri books and Evidence, Torts, Contracts, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Professional Responsibility, Corporations, Agency, Community Property, Civil Procedure, Wills, Trusts, and Remedies...ok, that makes me feel only slightly overwhelmed.
But guess what? I'm doing okay. Better than okay. Don't get me wrong, it's a crazy thing and definitely the most insane thing I have ever done, but every day I thank GOD for the strength and the focus to do this. From day one, I have been grateful for just the opportunity to SIT for this exam, to enter a profession that I have admired and respected, and I can honestly say that today, less than a week before the bar exam, I feel that same exact sense of gratitude. I want (and need) to thank each and every one of you that has made ALL of this possible, but the list would go on for days and I just hope in my heart that you all know exactly who you are and exactly how much I love you all.
And I MISS YOU ALL! So, to explain my absence, I thought I would chronicle my surroundings for you now. I hope you find it as humorous as I do that I'm living this right now.
Ok, so here is my headquarters. Please note all the Courtney essentials. Water, 2 coffee cups, a hooded sweatshirt for my temperature fluctuations throughout the day, highlighters in different colors, handwritten notes on unlined paper (very essential that it is line-less so that I can smash as much information onto my "1 page" checklist as possible), and last but not least, Aaron's *lucky* bamboo that I am babysitting and hopefully absorbing its luck by osmosis: 
This is the pile on the floor to the left of my headquarters. Books, and socks for aforementioned temperature fluctuations, with a little touch of college pride:)
Next, this is the pile on the floor to the right of me. On the chair is a pile of my outlines (about 30 pages each) and my mini outlines (about 15 pages each). Throughout the day, I tend to throw papers on the floor. I always pick them up...later.
Aah, the all important assignment board. All summer, I had a ritual of writing out my assignments for the week on Saturday night. It wasn't planned, it just sort of happened. Going into this week, why would it be any different? Sometimes this board haunts me.
Thank goodness you all love me. This is something that I have done throughout law school. It's a little crazy I know, but it helps me see the big picture (literally) and it doubles as fabulous wallpaper. I also had a few people tell me that a contestant on the Bachelorette did the same thing! Yes, I have one for all 12 subjects, and yes, I'm planning on bringing them with me to Ontario to decorate my hotel room next week.
On Saturday, I took a break and began packing for Texas. I'm a little bit excited.
And lastly, just so you all can sleep tonight and not worry about me and my well being:), I am in fact eating during this whole crazy process. Granted, the state of my fridge is a little sad, but I have trained myself to eat the same non offending foods (cofee, creamer, chicken, lettuce, fruit, coke zero) every day so that I will know exactly what will not upset my stomach and keep me full but not put me to sleep during the test. Yes, slightly neurotic with a dash of type A...
So, that's the story from my neck of the woods. I hope that you are all enjoying your summers. I can't wait to catch up with each and every one of you when all this is over..next week! I am so thankful for your love, support, and prayers. I would not be here, I would not feel this strong, I would not be this blessed without Y-O-U.
"Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments." Deutoronomy 7:9
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Confessions of a Bar Exam Studying Hobbit

Posted by
Courtney
at
9:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment