Tuesday, August 19, 2008

San Francisco Treat

I haven't blogged because I didn't have a chance to upload some pictures for this post. But since it's already Tuesday afternoon, I thought I had better get to it while the weekend is still fresh in my mind!

Well, since I last blogged, I made it safely to San Francisco. The drive was pretty good except that I encountered quite a bit of heat through the central valley. I took the 101 which should be cooler, but it was as if someone flipped on the "HOT" switch, and kept it on, for about 4 hours of my drive! I couldn't even make any phone calls like I had hoped because I was so uncomfortable and somewhat grouchy from the heat, and I sure did not want that to come out on the lucky person I chose to call. But, I made it back safe and sound and even had time to stop at a J Crew outlet and find some end of summer steals!

Home has been good. I am slowly adjusting to the cold weather and becoming reaquainted with the drizzly, foggy mornings (and sometimes afternoons). I am at day 4 of working with my dad and it is so cool to feel like I actually learned something in law school! The last time that I worked with my dad was the summer after my first year of law school. My confidence was pretty much in the negatives and everything was a big jumbled mess in my head. The question remains, however, did I really learn something in law school or did I really learn EVERYTHING in the past 3 months in barbri!

Definitely one of the "pros" of working rather than going to school are the free weekends. No homework, no outlining, no reading for class...and the weekends are even better when your sweet boyfriend pays too much for his flight (he won't tell me how much he spent) and comes to visit you and your family! Aaron arrived on Friday night after a week of RA training and checking in residents. On Saturday, we got up, made blueberry pancakes and got a very slow start to the morning! I think finally, at about noon, we left the house for downtown. Aaron had yet to see Union Square and the downtown aress so we took my dad's parking pass and headed out for a touristy afternoon. Surprisingly, we didn't take any pictures! But we enjoyed our San Francisco afternoon, complete with summer tourists and lunch at Boudin Cafe and Bakery in the cellar at Macy's (famous for their clam chowder in a San Francisco sourdough bread bowl). On Saturday night, we celebrated my uncle's birthday (August 12) and my Aunt and Uncle's wedding anniversary (August 17) at a Shanghai Dumpling restaurant in Millbrae, a suburb outside of the city. Aaron had never been with my family to a pretty authentic Chinese restaurant so he has that experience under his belt. He was such a great sport and actually enjoyed a lot of the food that he was tasting for the first time! We had dessert about 2 blocks up from the restaurant after dinner at a new place called Nubi yogurt. It's a self serve frozen yogurt place and they are quite the rage up here. You just get your own yogurt (and toppings!) and they weigh it and you pay 38 cents an ounce. YUMMO! After dinner and dessert, Aaron and I went over to my Aunt and Uncle's house and played Wii with my cousin Kristi. Who needs a gym when you have Wii sports, seriously!


Grammie and Papa


Eating Nubi outside with Uncle Gary (birthday boy) and my cousin Kristi




Kristi made Aaron a "duct tape tie" at art camp this summer!


This was another activity for the night. My uncle and Kristi learned how to make gardenias out of deco clay in Hawaii. They taught us on Saturday night but Aaron's looked more like a magnolia and mine looked more like a water lily. Oh well...Also, I only posted this because there aren't hardly any boys that will see this and give Aaron a hard time:)

On Sunday, my dad made his infamous Sunday morning omelets before Aaron and I went to church. After church, we met Tyler in Burlingame for lunch. It was so great to see her after so long!


(little shady on Burlingame Avenue)

And that pretty much brings us up to the present. As you can see from the time stamp, I'm writing this at work so I better get back to it. I hope that everyone had a wonderful week and a happy belated birthday (yesterday) to my brother, Aaron's dad Craig, and my SAB girl Lisa!

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled." Matthew 5:6

0 comments: