Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

My last weekend in LA before heading up north was a lot of fun! I spent Saturday morning at Pilates and then Aaron and I took on a little project on Saturday afternoon. The window in Aaron's bedroom was letting in too much light and waking him up in the morning so we went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond in search of a remedy. After some brainstorming, he bought a shower curtain rod and a curtain. We decided to fold it in half and safety pin it to make the curtain shorter and thicker to block out the light. Check it out, we were pretty excited with how it turned out!



Saturday night we celebrated our anniversary with dinner and a movie at Century City Mall. We ate outside in the food court (it's such a pretty, not your standard mall food court) and they are doing a summer music series of indie artists so we heard a guy who was pretty good during dinner. We watched Wall-E and thought we would be the only people in the theater but it was pretty full! It was pretty cute:)

We went to services at UCC on Sunday morning and it was nice to see some familiar faces. I think people were excited to see that I survived the bar and people were very excited to see Aaron after he was gone all summer. ET, it was so weird to not pick you up:( We found out that some friends are expecting, which is so exciting! Long explanation short, I was lucky enough to get to know one of the campus ministers and his wife (Thomas and Becca) this summer and Aaron and Becca's brother Matt and his wife Jenny are all friends from ACU. So, Thomas and Becca AND Matt and Jenny are all expecting now so it's an all around blessing-filled time:)

We spent Sunday afternoon as it should be spent...lunch and a nap without setting any alarm. We got to see my brother and his girlfriend T for dinner which was great. I hadn't seen them for about 3 weeks because of everyone's schedules and Aaron hadn't seen them all summer. My brother's birthday is next week and I will be up north and Aaron is coming to visit this weekend so we went ahead and celebrated his birthday too. We laughed all through dinner and then decided to go see Step Brothers...so, it was back to Century City for the second night in a row! It was pretty funny and even though it was a late night, that's what summer is for, right?

Today, I had breakfast with Jackie at, where else? Our favorite, Urth Caffe! It was our post bar catch up and Jacks was flying out to Colorado tonight to see her boyfriend before she goes to London in a few weeks for the fall semester. She totally surprised me with these beauties:



I was in a little bit of a funk in the afternoon because I was going to have to say goodbye to Jackie later when I dropped her off at the airport and I had to pack to go up north. I guess it all started to hit me that things were changing! I did spend a bit of the afternoon making some little tags for Jackie's London luggage.
The tags are from the Martha Stewart craft line at Michael's and then I just used some alphabet stamps to put her last name on them:



Aaron's RA training ended early today (yay!) so he came over and we both got to take Jacks to the airport. I can't believe she will be gone for 5 months! Aah! I know that she will have the best time and I can't wait to hear about all of her adventures. On our way home from the airport, we had dinner at CPK in Marina Del Rey and dessert at Pinkberry...a perfect Southern California send off, right? We rushed back to my apartment so we could watch Michael Phelps but we saw him break the world record only AFTER synchronized diving, women's voleyball, AND men's gymnastics! But it was cool to see it anyway:)

Well, I'm going to head to bed, get up and workout and then I'll be on my way up north! I'm not sure if I am expected at work with my Dad on Wednesday so I want to get home at a decent hour:) I also don't really like driving in the dark when I'm by myself on that kind of road trip. I am looking forward to catching up with friends on the phone, singing at the top of my lungs in my car with the windows down, pretty coastal views along the 101, and maybe a chick fil a stop for lunch in oxnard?? Not a bad day:) And thankfully, saying good bye to Aaron tonight was just more of a see you in a few days...whew!

So-cal friends, I miss you already and nor-cal friends, let's be sure to get together while I'm there! The next blog will be from San Francisco! xoxos

PS! Kate's blog from Hawaii is up and running. She has 1 post and I'm already jealous...and missing her, of course! Her blog is located at http://paradisotrovato.wordpress.com or you can just click on the "Kate" link on the right side of this page!

"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19

0 comments: