Sunday, January 4, 2009

Allow me to explain...

where the heck I've been and what I've been doing since I last blogged!

Wow, where did the time go? I realized just now that I didn't even manage to post the rest of the Europe pictures. In addition, SO much life has happened and I've had so much fun enjoying it that I have not blogged...obviously!

Anyway, there is no way that I can go back in time so here's a little list of the recent happenings.

1. I came back from Europe and caught an awful flu bug. I realized just how much I appreciate my Mom and all the ways that she has cared, and continues to care for me, especially when I'm sick. I hate to admit that I am a bit of a baby when I get sick because it doesn't happen very often so I have an incredibly (sorry, Aaron) low tolerance for feeling less then 100%. But I'm working on it...:)

2. I went to LA for a week before Thanksgiving to be there with Aaron when Bar Exam results came out on November 21st. As most of you know, I did not pass this time. Honestly, it was a very challenging experience for me and all of my loved ones. But as most of you also know, I was incredibly blessed to have the FULL peace of the Lord during the really difficult time. I had the chance to swap emails and phone calls with so many of you and it is all of your support that encourages me daily as I continue to wait on God and listen and look for His direction for His next big plan that I know He is already cooking up for me...

3. Aaron and I drove from LA to San Francisco on the day before Thanksgiving in the pouring rain. My brother was supposed to come with us but he slipped and tweaked his knee the day before we left and he had to stay in LA to nurse it. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner with my Mom's extended family and I was so excited to show Aaron off to all of my family;)

4. Aaron and I received our first joint Christmas gift this year...in November! Our parents, ever so generously, treated us to 50 prints from our photographer so that we could make an engagement album. We got it early so that we could share it with our friends and families during the holidays. It is a beautiful album and I love knowing that it came from both of our parents.

5. I flew to Odessa on December 6th to spend 3 weeks with Aaron and his family and friends. Aaron also had surgery for his nasal polyps and deviated septum on December 11th. After 6 days of healing, recovery, and mostly, surviving the pain medication that made him so sick, he can breathe through BOTH nostrils now! The surgery was a success but I learned some lessons about how it feels to watch someone you love hurt and experience pain...it's really tough! I was so grateful to be with Aaron's family through all of that. We had a great time out there and of course I was spoiled rotten the entire time, especially when it came to Christmas gifts from all of Aaron's sweet family! I flew back to San Francisco on Christmas Eve (hopefully the first and last time I do that because it was CRAZY and I was so delayed) and had a wonderful Christmas day with my family, family friends, and both Mom and Dad's families as well. As usual, I received more gifts than I could ever really deserve but as the years go by, I understand more and more how much the gift of family, friends, and loved ones in your life YEAR ROUND is really the best gift of all. I spent the week after Christmas doing a little shopping, and mostly spending time with my precious family.

6. On New Year's Eve, I loaded up my newly painted car:) and drove from San Francisco to LA in time to pick Aaron up at the airport. We spent our actual New Year's Eve apart because poor Aaron was on Texas time so technically, he made it to midnight CENTRAL TIME:) and so I got my kiss at 10pm PACIFIC TIME...oh well, kiss or not, we're pretty confident it's going to be a good year and we'll have love the whole year long;)

And so that pretty much catches me up to now. We spent the weekend getting back into the swing of things here in LA and helping my brother undergo a remodel at his store. Our hard work was rewarded because my brother had a TV at the store that he was giving away. Aaron and I giggled all Friday afternoon after we got it set up because it's so big in my little apartment:)

In wedding news, the break was very successful! While in Texas, Aaron and I completed our registry at Target and Bed, Bath and Beyond and we ordered our invitations. I also bought all of the bridesmaid dresses and just this week, I found a hair and makeup artist that I am so excited to work with. I also found a few things for my sweet bridesmaids but I can't say what they are just yet:) It really is all coming together so nicely and we are both so grateful for this wonderful experience. The countdown has officially begun!!!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday and that 2009 has already blessed you. Like many bloggers, I am sure, I too have resolved to be better about posting and so I hope you, dear reader, will hold me accountable to that!

Have a great Monday everyone!

"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves." James 1:22

1 comments:

Pamela Poole said...

Bonjour Courtney.

I thought you might like to know about www.francophilia.com, the social network for francophiles.

We're a tiny startup operating on a shoestring budget, and depending on francophile bloggers like you to help get the word out.

Hope you and your readers will stop by and join us! And be sure to follow us on Twitter for daily French culture bites and francophile treats! @francophilia

Merci et à bientôt.

Pamela Poole (LaGoulue)
Founder