Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hook 'Em Horns!

Last night, my dear friend Brad invited people over to watch the Fiesta Bowl on his big TV:) He only lives a few blocks from my apartment so Aaron and Jerren came over and we headed over there to cheer on the Longhorns against Ohio State. I had bought some avocados over the weekend (they were 88 cents each at Ralph's!) so I decided to make my almost famous guacamole:) It just didn't seem special enough so boy was I happy when I remembered the longhorn shaped cookie cutter Kate bought for me after Aaron and I got engaged! They turned out good even though I didn't have enough time to ice them:



We had a great time at Brad's and the game ended up being quite the nail biter...but as the boys said on the way home "a W's a W" and I have to agree. I'm sad that college football is basically over now though:(

Although I'm still waiting to hear anything back about a job lead, I have been keeping quite busy and taking care of lots of wedding stuff rather effortlessly! I have an appointment to meet my hair and makeup girl on Thursday and as of today, Aaron and I will be cake tasting on Friday afternoon! I also talked to a florist today about arrangements for the church and my Mom found some other stuff, that must remain unmentioned for now:), back at home! God truly has his hand in this wedding, let me tell you! It has been a lot of fun and someday, it might be fun for this kind of stuff to really be a little job:)

The other exciting news from today is that I am now the holder of a Santa Monica Public Library card. I am a HUGE fan of libraries because I drill through books pretty quick and I read a lot of everything and so it seems wasteful--and expensive--to buy books to read. I still buy a lot but there are a lot of books that I finish reading and think that I am sure glad I didn't buy that one. It was super easy to get a card and the branch by my apartment is pretty good! The main library isn't far either but it is HUGE and the smaller branch near me feels a little bit easier to manage. It's not to small since I was able to come home with 6 books today!

Lastly, I was in the neighborhood so I stopped by my brother's store to say hello. The remodel is just about done so I took a few pictures as proof of all the hard work we did this weekend! (sorry they are so dark!)


In the right hand corner, you can see the new reception desk they added! So cool!


My brother installed the new light fixtures (I couldn't really get them in the picture so well...)


This is the view from the back of the store looking towards the doorframe we painted!

Hope your Tuesday was great too!

"Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this," Says the Lord of hosts, "If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it." Malachi 3:10

2 comments:

Russell Earl Kelly said...

I think that the 3:10 of Galatians is for the chulrfh and not the 3:10 of Malachi.

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

The onlyk way to be blessed by tithing is to obey all 600+ commands of the law. NT giving is sacrificial, not law.

www.tithing-russkellly.com

Russell Earl Kelly said...

I think that the 3:10 of Galatians is for the chulrfh and not the 3:10 of Malachi.

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

The onlyk way to be blessed by tithing is to obey all 600+ commands of the law. NT giving is sacrificial, not law.

www.tithing-russkellly.com