Friday, May 29, 2009

Bring Muffins to Work Day!

Happy Friday, everyone!

Each Friday, someone in my office is supposed to bring some kind of treat in to share with the office. Apparently, this program went on hiatus for awhile but about a week ago, an e-mail went around about starting it up again. Since I'm always looking for any excuse to bake, I was the first to reply and sign-up.

A few days ago, I started thinking that I really wanted to bring something with strawberries since they are in season right now. I considered a cheesecake tart or muffins and finally decided on the muffins after seeing this recipe online. I was glad that I decided on the muffins because it turns out that my arch nemesis Bakerella did a cheesecake post yesterday that of course was crazy amazing. (Note, I only dislike her because I want to be her.)

Anywho, as you can see from the link, the recipe was pretty easy and we had almost all the ingredients at home. With the most fabulous little helper in tow, we got to work after dinner (which Aaron had all ready to eat when I got home from pilates, by the way!)

Here's the kitchen elf cutting up the most crucial ingredients. He's brave handling the strawberries in his work clothes, huh?

While he worked on that, I got to mixing the rest of the ingredients for the recipe. As you can see, I did not bake in my work clothes! I did manage to throw on the apron Kate got me last Christmas though.

We love our little apartment but we realized last night that it is not really meant for 2 baking buddies at a time. So, part of our improvisation was me filling muffin cups on the floor, haha.

Since the Echols are no strangers to before and after shots, one "before" shot...

...and AFTER!

Close-up shots of what's really important here:


At almost 10:30pm when we were finally done and the kitchen was all clean (thanks, babe!), we fell asleep to the sweet smell of muffins in our apartment. This morning, we packed 'em up, and voila! Happy bring-muffins-to-work-day for everyone! (sorry for the sleepy faces, haha)


Happy weekend!

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? ... I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:35,38-39

0 comments: