or end of the beginning?
Well, this weekend is our big move. We're leaving Santa Monica and packing it all up to head to campus in Malibu. This August would have been 3 years that I lived in my apartment but I'm excited and so thankful for the opportunity that we have to live at Pepperdine. The reason for the title of this entry is that I can't figure out if I should be sad that we are leaving "our first apartment together" or if I should be excited that we are getting ready to move into "our first apartment together" since the Santa Monica apartment was technically "my" apartment first...I think I'm mostly overwhelmed thinking about moving in general!
I have been telling people that our move is 2 parts.
1) This weekend, we are moving from Santa Monica to a married apartment on-campus. It is 2 bedrooms and should be plenty of room for all of our stuff. We are trying to pack in such a way that we can leave a lot of our stuff in boxes before part 2 of our move:
2) In about 2 weeks, we'll move into our actual apartment (a 1BR) that we'll have from August-May. We can't move into our apartment until 2 other moves take place, freeing up our apartment. So, the 2 weeks in the 2BR, as I'll refer to it, should be really interesting because we'll be trying really hard not to "spread out" too much. The good news is that when we move the second time, we'll only have to cross the courtyard of the complex, essentially.
Needless to say, this will be a busy week packing up the odds and ends of the apartment. I started packing some boxes this past weekend, but I was happy that I remembered to take a few pictures before I took it apart. Years from now, we'll be really glad we have these!
Our wedding "guestbook" hanging above our TV (years from now, I'll be able to look back and remember that I watched junk like Real Housewives of New Jersey, great)
Shelves in the living room area
The re-engineered cross wall at the entry
I LOVE our collection of "E"s and "Echols" stuff:)
And a picture of our bedroom (I already posted pics of our fabulous bed!)
You might be wondering, "wow, everything looks so clean and organized"--don't be fooled by my selective camera angles...here's the other part of our living room.
Yep, it's going to be a long week and weekend of moving!
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23
Monday, June 22, 2009
Beginning of the end...

Posted by
Courtney
at
2:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment