Monday, June 22, 2009

Sweet Surprises and Date Night


Last week, Aaron came home with these. Just because. Me = lucky girl.
I love tulips and they just get prettier the longer that you have them and they begin to open up.

Since Aaron was flying out to New York on Saturday morning, Friday night was an extra special date night. Aaron surprised me and took me to The Grove for dinner. I had told him that I wanted to go somewhere we could have dinner and just walk around afterwards and The Grove is perfect. It was designed by a Pepperdine Law Alum and with live music in a grassy gazebo area, a trolley, a movie theater, lots of shops and restaurants, and a farmers market, it has always reminded me of Disneyland. Malibu, Westlake Village, and Santa Monica didn't get sun all day but as we headed into Los Angeles, it was actually a really pretty night. Here's the view from the parking garage looking down into the Grove:


While we picked a place for dinner, we couldn't believe all the people in line at the Apple store for the new iPhone!

Here's the trolley and the live music I mentioned:


We had a really nice dinner at this French restaurant that we went to on one of our first few dates and just had a great time walking around until it got dark. On the way home, we got news of the Texas baseball win (thank goodness!) and then Aaron packed while I made some cookies for him and the guys this weekend. I sure love date night, and I'm thankful that "date nights" aren't just one day a week!

"Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment." Matthew 9:22

0 comments: