Happy Monday! I hope that everyone had a great weekend. We had a nice, relaxing weekend and I’m happy to report that we are now *officially* settled into our apartment. At the risk of being redundant, here are some more pictures of our place!
(It does look noticeably better than the last pictures I posted!)
Welcome!
Notice the cleared off dining room table...we even have some placemats out!
More kitchen--and we're even using our piggy chalkboard!
Hello comfy counch, beautiful TV, and handsome husband!
Couch close ups
Completed bookshelf...we bought those tan containers at Target for only $5.50 each and they're perfect for hiding (organized) junk.
Tidier hallway and bedroom pictures
And, finally, bathroom pictures. I realized I only showed you the cabinets last time, not the whole bathroom. Travis, who lived in the apartment before us, left the white curtain to cover junk under the sink when he moved. It's perfect and really ties the room together nicely.
So, there you have it! We're so thrilled to be settled, especially because Aaron begins checking in residents TODAY.
A funny little story from last night. Maybe 2 Christmases ago, I got an iDog from my cousin, Kristi. It's pretty cute because you plug in your ipod and it acts like a speaker--like a dancing, dog shaped speaker. Anyway, I can't really figure it out, but if you touch him, he'll "wake up" and so you don't forget about him, he'll bark and cry a little if you leave him alone. I guess in the moving things into the bookshelf yesterday, I touched him. Throughout the day, we heard him bark a few times. When we got home last night, we heard him again. Aaron set out to turn him off or take his batteries out or something. Well, it turned into quite an ordeal because we didn't have the right sized screwdriver to open the iDog up and take out the batteries. So, we called Kristi...
While she looked for the manual at home, Aaron took matters into his own hands:
This went on for awhile. He did this...
...while I did this...
...but who would have been able to document all this activity if I was helping??
After making Aaron come to bed, we left the iDog in the living room where he continued to bark throughout the night and into the morning. This morning, when I checked my email, my aunt had sent a bunch of instructions (below), so we'll have to try that later!
I hope that everyone has a great Monday!
P.S., We saw (500) Days of Summer this weekend with our friends Nicole and Jeremy. We really liked it and highly recommend it!
"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:7-9
Monday, August 17, 2009
Another Fast Weekend

Posted by
Courtney
at
9:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment