Friday, October 2, 2009

Hello from Heaven on Earth


I'm an hour away from finishing day 2 at my new job and it is honestly, as noted in the title of this blog post, heaven on earth. So far, I love everything about it...and yet, this is definitely the most high-pressure job I have ever had (probably because I care so much about doing well at it!)

The first day was a bit overwhelming because the law school's Board of Visitors were having their bi-annual meeting the morning of my first day. However, I jumped right in and really would not have liked to have had it any other way. I immediately felt part of the team and it was awesome to meet the people that have made Pepperdine and it's successes possible. Interestingly enough, there is a lunch held after the meeting and as a student, Aaron and I were both invited to the lunch. Aaron got sick, but I went and it was really cool to attend the BOV meeting and lunch "on the other side". Pepperdine, especially the law school--and I mean that in the least biased way possible--is doing AMAZING things and it is so exciting to be part of this community in this special way.

Anyway, I'm writing now from my new office...which is overwhleming in and of itself! I am so excited to fill it with students and alums, not to mention some personal touches like picture frames, plants, a cool mug, etc etc:) But all (admittedly, minor) details aside, one thng has resonated loud and clear the last 2 days...

I have my work cut out for me.

Depsite the fact that Pepperdine School of Law is doing amazing things and producing awesome lawyers and servant leaders, our alumni involvement and investment needs some fire. And apparently, I'm part spark, match, and hopefully, blaze. I could not ask for a more supportive and encouraging team, however...amazing people that I know I will only think are more amazing after working with them.
PRAISE HIM!

In addition to all the great things about this job, it is quite fabulous to see my husband every day at work. It's been another busy week for us, especially as Germany and the comptetition creep closer and closer for Aaron. We are looking forward to a weekend to relax and spend some time with my mom, Annie, and Grandparents who are driving to LA to spend the weekend here. Thank you, God, for this overflow of BLESSINGS you have poured out...and I pray that all of you are thanking Him in that same way too. Have a happy Friday and a great weekend!

"Jesus Christ gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good." Titus 2:14

1 comments:

Divya and Sunil Gupta said...

Courtney,

Congratulations on your new job as director of alumni relations- should I ever come back to Cali (Sunil thinks we will) I will be indebted to you for your job advice! ;)

Glad to hear you are so happy and doing well.

Divya