Saturday, October 31, 2009

Kooza!


Yesterday, Aaron sent me an email in the morning about an impromptu date night to go see Kooza, the new Cirque du Soleil show. We saw the Grand Chapiteau on the Santa Monica pier a few weeks ago and it's been quite the buzz here in LA because this is a touring show and will only be here for a few more weeks (the show will have been here about a month total). I saw the first Cirque du Soleil, Saltimbanco, with my mom years ago under the Grand Chapiteau on the pier in San Francisco but this was Aaron's first time. I was excited ALL DAY at work about our plans.

As if getting off work on Friday afternoon isn't sweet enough, I rushed home and we headed into Santa Monica for dinner and the show. We decided to try something new for dinner, La Grande Orange on Main Street. It was perfect! We got a parking spot right out front and we both had good meals. After dinner, we drove to the Santa Monica Civic Center where Aaron reserved a parking spot for us. The show had shuttles running from the parking garage to the tents so it was super easy to park and get there in time for the show. Once inside the tent, we took in the atmosphere. There were vendors selling food and lots and lots of souvenirs.

As we made our way to our seating area, I managed to get a few photos of the big top on my phone (I was scared that you wouldn't get to bring cameras in so I left mine in the car--of course people brought them in and some people even took pictures OF THE SHOW, boo them.)



Once inside, the show was SO GOOD. Everything was well done and the music, costumes, acrobatic skills, etc ROCKED! The 3 hours flew by because there was never a dull moment. If you are anywhere near LA, I don't just recommend it, you have to see it ASAP.

We had such a fun impromptu date night and we are looking forward to a low-key Halloween night with the Longhorns. Hope yours is full of treats, not tricks!

Happy weekend!

"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." Luke 12:48

0 comments: