Yesterday I had the privilege of attending a baby shower for my friend Allie Steele. I actually met her husband, Tom, before I met Allie because Tom was a year behind me in law school and we had immigration law together my third year spring semester, but I met Allie when I was working down on lower campus at Pepperdine. They are expecting a sweet baby girl in January and I was honored to be a part of her special day yesterday.
The shower was held at a beautiful house in Pacific Palisades and the theme was Hollywood so when I first walked in, this is what I saw:
This was part of one of two games that we played. Each star had the name of a celebrity's child on it and you had to guess who the parents were. As a hint, the hostesses drew in an icon at the bottom of the star so you knew if it was a movie star or a musician, etc.
An easy one, haha.
It was really fun to see some of my favorite girls from work on the weekend...and for such a fun occasion!
We watched Allie open all her gifts and it was fun to be with all women as we oohed and aahed over all the cute little baby girl clothes. The star of the day, however, was a little boy named Jack. I go to spinning with his Mom in the mornings so it was fun to finally get to meet him. He's a pure charmer--he had no problem being the only boy at the party!
Unfortunately, I didn't have the right memory card so I couldn't take a ton of pictures. The shower was over mid afternoon so I ran a few more errands and came home to chili and a movie with my favorite man.
We are home from church now, relaxing before we head into the valley for our family circle meeting. In the beginning of the school year, everyone at church signs up for a family circle. The circles meet once a month and share a meal. This month, however, there is a special program prepared. One of our elders will join us and talk to us about the preacher search since our beloved Ken Durham is moving to TN in January. We are bringing a buttermilk pie and an apple and tortellini salad that we had at Nicole and Jeremy's a few months ago...it's my first time making the salad and I hope it goes well! After family circles, we are hoping to see my brother and T to round out a great Sunday and a great weekend.
Hope you are enjoying the Lord's day!
"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Baby Shower Saturday

Posted by
Courtney
at
10:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment