
Ok, obviously this is not the tree in our house. This is the first ever Christmas tree in Josyln Plaza on the main campus at Pepperdine.
Isn't it pretty? They had a tree lighting ceremony last Thursday with caroling and cider and hot chocolate and I heard that it was even supposed to fake "snow"! I took these pictures on our way to church on Sunday. I like this picture with the little boy because it shows you just how massive the tree is! (ps-we know the little boy from church--I didn't just take a picture of someone else's child)
So...drumroll please...here is our first Christmas tree!
This is my first ever "fake" tree, but I love it just the same--probably because it's ours. There are a few details on our tree that make it extra special. We didn't want to buy a lot of ornaments this year since we know that both of our moms probably have lots of ornaments to share with us and they will mean so much more to us than buying a ton right now...but, I wanted to mention a few things:
1. The Angel--ok, so I bought her at Michael's and she's a little bit big for the tree, but I liked her look.

2. Bevo--we got him in Austin back in September.
3. The pearl E--this was actually a present from my mom at my San Francisco bridal shower.
4. The M&M's--I got this ornament in Las Vegas a month ago on my work trip.
5. The Texas star--this was actually on a present for Aaron from his Nana. I can't help but sing every time I see it on the tree. (We also have a lot of other TX ornaments that I got last year from Aaron's family but they are all in San Francisco...Christmas really snuck up on us this year!)
And last, but not least...
6. The Aggie helmet--I tried to find the smallest A&M ornament ever so that Aaron would let me hang it on the tree. It is representative of our special Thanksgiving trip!
I am really excited about all of the ornaments that I know we will accumulate through the years. Hopefully this blog can keep up! We also have a few other Christmas decorations at home.
Here's our front window from outside of our apartment. I got this idea when we saw these ornaments in the dollar bins at Target and with Aaron's help and patience, it looks just as I pictured it.
While we're on the tour outside our house, I really love how our tree looks in the window.

And lastly, our make shift mantle houses our stockings for now!


These probably won't be our stockings forever but I like that they are similar but not identical. And, they're giggling. What's not to like?
We are enjoying getting in the Christmas spirit...we hope you are too!
"I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death." Philippians 3:10
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Our First Christmas Tree...

Posted by
Courtney
at
10:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
haha! i started dying laughing at first because i was like "court! that's not your tree!!!" great pictures :) looks even more amazing in real life!
Post a Comment