We are back after a wonderful weekend in Odessa. I lost track of just how many people asked us why we were going/went to Texas but we really just decided to go because it had been awhile and while you are keeping busy, life is happening! For one, as I mentioned a few blog posts back, Aaron’s grandparents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on January 23. Second, as I also mentioned back in November, we have a new cousin, Kensy Nicole. Third, we have a new sister…the 4 legged kind! Terrie got a puppy for Christmas-a sweet “Chiweenie” she named Amada. Last but definitely not least, we have lots of great family and friends who we love out there and that’s reason enough for a visit I’d say! We left on Friday morning and arrived in Odessa by 3:30. We were excited that Aaron’s Grammy had come in from Eastland to spend the weekend with us too. That night, we went to Aaron’s cousin Bailey’s choir concert/fundraiser because her choir has been selected to perform at a convention in Denver at the end of this month (they were the only Middle School choir chosen to perform!). It was fun to see her and the choir was so impressive. Friday night, we got Sonic (SCORE) and went to see Aaron’s friend from high school. I had heard a lot about Josh but we had never met so it was nice to meet him and see his new—and very nice—house. After majorly sleeping in on Saturday morning, we woke up and pretty much played with Amada all morning. We finally pulled our lives together and met the Perkins for lunch in Midland. We were so excited to finally meet Kensy! (We have so many pictures that I am going to wait until I’ve written everything before I start “The Kensy and Amada Show”, haha. You might not read what I write if I post the pictures too early!) After lunch, Terrie, Grammy and I did a little bit of shopping while Craig and Aaron went to play 9 holes—gotta squeeze that in! That night, we had Terrie’s family over for sandwiches and it was fun to see everybody. We managed to steal Aaron’s cousins Bailey and Callie away for a quick Chick-Fil-A Ice Dream run (SCORE again!) before everyone headed home for the night. After sleeping in AGAIN on Sunday, we went to late service at church and the Perkins were sweet enough to have us all over for a delicious lunch. Spoiled guests, much? After heading home with full bellies, it was just about time for us to head back to LA. Yep, we were in the air during the Super Bowl. Luckily, neither of us cared too much about it even though it ended up being a pretty exciting game! I was pretty sure that it would be hard to get back into the swing of things this morning but we woke up to such great news. Matt, Courtney, and Savannah Grace welcomed Houston Clark Bryan this morning in TX. We love yall and we’re so happy and excited for your sweet family. We can’t wait to love on Houston, that’s for sure! We also found out that one of Aaron’s friends from ACU had her baby over the weekend and our very special friends, Randy and Christie might be induced today as well! Such great news, how can you not smile! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Enjoy the photos!! Kensy and her Mama
Kensy and her Aunt Callie
Kensy and her "Honey"
Aaron and Kensy (we had to take it with the Blackberry camera so it's not the best!)
Me and the Kensy girl! And now, meet Amada!
Don't be fooled by the pictures..she is 100% PUPPY! Watch her in action.
We tried to sneak her into our suitcase on Sunday before we left:)
"But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57
Monday, February 8, 2010
The Kensy and Amada Show

Posted by
Courtney
at
3:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment