Yesterday was an awesome jam-packed day. Aaron and I did our last workout of this week's "recovery week" after sleeping in and then I hit the road for Sarah's shower in Glendale. I was so excited to see my favorite bride-to-be and meet the very special women in her family. The spread was gorgeous for the bridal shower lunch and the weather was perfect. When I got home, I noticed that my shoulders had definitely gotten some sun!
After lunch and before Sarah began opening presents, I was able to steal her for a photo-op in front of her aunt's beautiful Camelia tree.
I just love her!
I thought that I would be in charge of keeping "the list" while Sarah was opening gifts, but I assumed the other Matron of Honor duties and assembled her rehearsal bouquet. It was the first time I'd done it and I think it turned out great. Sarah's family made it easy by wrapping their gifts for her with a lot of a pre-tied beautiful bows.
And then it was cake time. The cake was adorable! Sarah definitely hated to cut into it (once she figured out how to cut into it, haha).
There is just nothing more girly than spending the afternoon at a shower; I sure love it. And it was a lot easier saying good bye to Sarah yesterday because I'll get to see her on Thursday---yes, this Thursday! I am flying to DC this week for a work event and Sarah and I can't believe that we'll actually see each other twice in a week!
I got home just in time to head back out with Aaron to meet The Marrs for a double date. After dinner at Islands, we jumped in their car and headed to a mini golf place in Sherman Oaks. We had a lot of fun and as you look at these pictures, just try to guess what we all shot last night...
Ready for it? Both Jeremy and Nicole shot 56 and both Aaron and I shot 60. So weird, right? It was fun and we'll definitely have to do it again. We always love spending time with them. Another highlight of last night was a bunny rabbit we saw on the course, totally minding his business and eating grass. Nicole named it, appropriately, Miniature Gold Max.
(He was much cuter than this picture)
I wanted him for Easter and you could almost pick him up, but we were just slightly concerned about him being a rabies carrier.
Aaron and I decided that special birthday breakfasts will take place on the Sunday before your birthday in the Echols' family (since weekday mornings are a tad bit busy). Seeing as though my handsome man turns the big 2-6 this Tuesday, this morning he woke up to this...
..which was sitting in front of the all important, especially at this time of year, Sportscenter.
How is your weekend going?
"Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun."
Psalm 37:5-6
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Great Saturday.

Posted by
Courtney
at
3:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
i mean...what a CUTE plate that Aaron's breakfast was on. some long lost east coast friend of yours must have given it to you. :)
in other news, i'm sad that we aren't living in ca and enjoying date nights with you and Aaron and loving the sun on our shoulders. :( must come visit soon.
Amy, we use it ALL the time and smile thinking of you and Mark. We sure miss you guys but we'd love to come see you in the ATL sometime. Hope all is well!!
Post a Comment