Friday, March 5, 2010

Insanity, Post #2.

No pictures this time, but I did want to post about our Insanity adventures because we did take fit test #2 this past Monday. I am happy to report that both Aaron and I are doing much better since week one. We were not sore at all during week two and, as far as our fit test is concerned, we saw improvements in EVERY exercise. I'll admit that I was sort of hoping I would improve more in some of the exercises because I felt a lot better doing them but it is worth mentioning that Aaron and I both noticed that we felt much stronger during this fit test in general. Either way, we have a lot to be proud of. I am especially proud of Aaron. Waking up early to workout is the easy part for me but he's waking up early 6 days a week and enduring this insane (sorry-couldn't resist) workout. Yay, honey!

The workout has truly become a workout, rather than a survival. I think that the timing is perfect because in 2 weeks, the workouts will get harder and longer. As intimidating as that might be, I think that we will definitely be ready for a change in routine by then. The craziest thing we have seen so far is the pure cardio and cardio abs combo. We've done this workout twice so far. What makes it difficult is that the pure cardio is code for 30 minutes of 1 minute long exercises with no water breaks. After that, the abs video is about 16 minutes. That workout is fun (my opinion) but only Insanity would find a way to work jumping into an abs workout.

Like I said, no pics at this junction BUT below is a clip of Shaun T on the Tyra show just this week. He is in such ridiculous shape!

"For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified." 1 Corinthians 2:2

0 comments: