Sunday, April 18, 2010

Lovely weekend.

Aaron and I have had a nice, relaxing weekend so far and we hope you have as well. A quick re-cap of the going-ons...

On Friday night, Aaron's softball team, Sweaty Nappers, played a "play-in" game for a place in the playoffs. It was a beautiful night out there on the field.

This is, by far, my favorite picture of the night.

Unfortunately, the boys lost in the last inning of the game. It was a good season though, and the boys are all about to study for finals and graduate from law school so I think they'll be okay getting their Friday nights back.

Saturday morning, we slept in and woke up to workout. I then went out to run some errands while Aaron did some school work. That night, we drove into Santa Monica to go to a BBQ at our friend J'aime's house. J'aime was a law school classmate of mine but we know her better as Aaron's former moot court partner. She recently coached and traveled with Aaron's team to Vienna so she was having people over as a mini-reunion. She was an excellent hostess and we had a great time. I only took one picture last night--I'll explain after the jump.

Meet Daphne, J'aime's dog. When we arrived, Daphne had a Montreal Canadiens jersey on because J'aime and her boyfriend are hockey fans. Towards the end of the evening, I asked if Daphne normally wears clothes and Aaron mentioned Daphne's pumpkin costume. J'aime couldn't find the hat that matched but fortunately, she found Daphne's witch hat. I know she hates having it on but she looked too cute!

After we left J'aime's, we attempted to drive down to the pier to find Wilson who was visiting with the Oklahoma City Thunder. Aaron and Wilson worked together the summer that Aaron was in Seattle and Wilson still works for the team. Since the Thunder are in town to play the Lakers, we were trying to meet up with him for a bit. After circling the parking lots and realizing that all the spaces we found had serious restrictions that prevented us from legally parking there, I ended up dropping Aaron off and killing time at Barnes & Noble. After an hour or so, I went to pick him up so I'm glad that he got to see Wilson while he was here. And I got caught up on some magazines, haha.

This morning, I officially finished Insanity. We don't normally work out on Sundays, unless we are playing catch up, but the schedule called for doing the last fit test today. I can't believe I am done! Aaron is going to be totally finished on Friday--right before we go away for our anniversary--and PIG OUT! Just kidding:) I am excited about taking a week off from it this week. I'm going to spinning tomorrow and Thursday and I think I'll go on some nice long runs the other days this week. I'm anxious to see how much I'll miss it. We've really enjoyed it, though, and I would highly recommend the program. I haven't really lost any weight but my clothes feel different and, if I may say so, I'm excited about the new ab muscles that have surfaced. Now I've gotta maintain them! I didn't think they were under there:) As promised, here are the before and afters--forgive me for standing a little bit angled...



So, they probably won't be using these in the ads but I'm pretty excited that there are a few noticeable differences in 60 days.

The rest of our Sunday has been lovely. We did some spring cleaning because there is a Salvation Army collection bin in our apartment complex right now and we're doing some laundry. My brother is wrapping up another Coachella trip so we will not see him and T for dinner tonight, unfortunately. Speaking of T, today is her birthday, woo hoo!

Me and T at graduation. We love you, girl!

Also, today is my grammie and papa's wedding anniversary. We love them to pieces and we are grateful to have their longtime marriage as a model for our own. Here they are at our wedding (one year ago a week from TODAY!)


Hope your weekend was wonderful too!

"Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:9

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great, Courtney! And I'm sure your hard work has also paid off in plenty of invisible ways, like your endurance level, etc. Congrats on finishing! :)

Anonymous said...

http://petswhowanttokillthemselves.com/

LUNA said...

i thought you looked great before, but your muscles definitely look more visibly defined. okay, i've officially been inspired. :)