Last night, one of my best girls, Nicole, and I celebrated our April birthdays. We are both big Lady Antebellum fans and we had both heard that they would be playing in LA on April 15. As our gifts to each other (my birthday is the 5th, hers is the 20th), we bought tickets on Monday and were rewarded for taking our chances on cheaper tickets. We ended up paying less than face value for pretty good seats! We left work at 4:30ish and headed into LA to the Wiltern theater. Neither of us had been there before but everyone talks about what a great venue it is. We arrived at the theater with about an hour til doors opened and so we parked the car and found a great place to eat right next door to the theater. We were sitting near the window so our view was everyone in line, haha. We figured they had general admission tickets and so they were jockeying to get as close to the stage as possible. Whew, it was nice to have tickets with real seats. Once we got in, we didn't know if there would be an opening act. We figured there would be but we had not heard anything about who it might be. Turns out, it was Kris Allen, last year's American Idol winner. He was pretty good. I did like that he did this song.
During the break between sets, we spotted our other friend, Nicole. There were a ton of people that I knew going to the show but I didn't think we'd actually see any of them!
After what felt like too long (inevitably), Lady A came out. They proceeded to rock the house through and through. It was a great show. I wish my camera took better "dark" pictures!
There were lots of highlights...one was when they said that they wrote the new Lyke Bryan single, "Do I", one of my favorite songs right now. I took a short video of them performing it but I'm having a hard time uploading all the videos I took! I'll work on it later...
They did a great job with their own songs, of course, but it was fun that they threw in a few other covers. During the encore, they brought out this guy:
Can you guess who it is? Josh Groban! Crazy and a little bit random. But whatever!And for the second encore, they covered "Hey Jude"...how cool is that?
It was a lot of fun and I'm so glad that Nicole and I got to go together (our husbands appreciate being off the hook too, I think, haha!). It makes for a bit of a tired Friday but it is totally worth it.
Happy Friday, everyone!
"Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes." Romans 10:4
Friday, April 16, 2010
April Babies

Posted by
Courtney
at
1:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment