Whew, what a busy but lovely weekend. Aaron has been plugging along with his studying for the bar exam which means I've been plugging away with my staying out of the way. In all seriousness, I could not be more proud of him right now. The studying time has really flown by because he is not stressed and when he comes home at night, he almost NEVER talks about studying or studies after dinner or anything. He is a true inspiration and I hope that other spouses are as lucky as I am!
Well, I really did succeed in staying out of the way this weekend, though. On Saturday morning, I decided to try my luck at free yoga on the pier. Aaron had heard it advertised on one of the radio stations out here, KIIS FM, and because it's right in our backyard, I wanted to see what it was all about. I learned last week that you have to register ahead of time and that this weekend was already full. The email I received did say that you could show up and be put on the waitlist so I got there early and was the first person on the waitlist. Needless to say, I made it in! The practice was AWESOME. The class was challenging and the setting was amazing.
After yoga, part of the freebie is FREE continental breakfast at Beachcomber, one of the restaurants on the pier. I wasn't able to stay because we were making sandwiches to bring to the workers at the Labor Exchange but I plan to check it out next week. I think that I've convinced a lot of people to go this Saturday and I want to go as much as possible between now and Labor Day, which is how long this will be going on.
After yoga, my P90x Kenpo workout, sandwich making, and some lunch, I spent the afternoon working on some calligraphy for a friend's wedding. If you've ever wondered what it takes to address wedding invitation envelopes, here's a look into my "studio"--AKA, our dining room table, haha.
Aaron made it an early night on Saturday and we headed out with our friend Scott for dinner in Calabasas and to see the movie, Grown Ups. It was a fun night and I'm glad Aaron was able to get away from the books for a bit.
We went to bed right when we got home on Saturday night because I was getting up early on Sunday to go to Anaheim for the MLB All-Star Game Charity 5K and Fun Run with a few friends. Now, confession time, I signed up for this race because the one and only Jillian Michaels was scheduled to be at the finish line...don't judge me! We left Malibu at 5:15 for a 7:30 start time. The race was PACKED--like 10,000 runners packed. Isn't that crazy? The workout junkie in me loves that there are at least 9,999 other people out there that paid the money and woke up early to run 3.2 miles on a Sunday morning. That's awesome and inspiring. My camera battery died so I didn't take a lot of pictures but a friend that came with us who didn't run took this photo of me crossing the finish line (I'm in the grey tank top on the left)
After the race, we waited around for a long time to see Jillian. It was worth it because we ended up in the front row of the awards stage and had a perfect view of her. One of my friends even got Jillian to sign her copy of Master Your Metabolism!
I found out today that I actually ran a pretty good race despite the crowds. My official time was 28:31, or a 9:11 pace. The best part, however, was being able to wake up this morning without any soreness and run a cool 5-miler before work. Thank you, legs!
Last night, we headed into Santa Monica for a birthday party for my co-worker and then onto dinner with my brother and T. All in all, a pretty great weekend, even for my hard working hubby!
Hope everyone is having a great Monday so far!
"My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge."
Psalm 62:7
Monday, July 12, 2010
Weekend Recap

Posted by
Courtney
at
3:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment