Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Past Month

I knew I was behind, but wow, more than a month, that's awful! Needless to say, we've been very, very busy. So, I'm just going to do a quick recap so I can get caught up and just move on from this little slip-up:)

I don't even remember the dates to stuff that happened---just get ready for a lot of pictures!

*I went to a baby shower for my co-worker, Melinda*

Rian was really excited to give Melinda the denim-looking diapers:)


*I went to the Renegade Craft Fair in downtown LA with more great co-worker friends*


How cute are these? They are re-usable snack bags...an ecological ziploc bag, if you will. The "surprise" is my favorite.



*I went to the 3 different LA County Bar Exam locations to bring lunch to the bartakers*




Aah, the bar exam. We're DONE with that! Aaron has that under his belt and we couldn't be happier. The last day of the bar, I went to the lunch in Ontario where Aaron was and so it was great to get to see him at lunch. I killed some time, waiting for him to finish, and then we met at Chick Fil-A before heading to Palm Springs for the weekend. It was the best day and weekend.

My brother and T were so sweet to let us use 2 nights in their timeshare so we spent the first night at a Westin resort in Rancho Mirage.

It had a waterslide. Is that a "happy-to-be-done-with-the-bar-face" or what?


We spent the second night at another Westin resort in Palm Desert. It also had a waterslide and a basketball hoop so Aaron played a pick up game with some other guests.




On Friday night, we went to dinner and saw Despicable Me in 3D. So cute!

Earrrrrrly Saturday morning, I dropped Aaron off at the golf course for a 7:20am tee time. As luck would have it, our friends Jeremy and Nicole and 2 other couples were in the desert, too! I was glad the boys had time to play golf and the girls went to breakfast, went to yoga at the resort, laid out at the pool, and then went shopping:)
Here's a few photos from our dinner Saturday night.




When we got back from Palm Springs, we were excited to be back with no more studying craziness. Um, little did we know what would happen that week! On Tuesday, Aaron was offered a position as a Resident Director. As you recall, Aaron applied for the RD position originally, but he was offered the ARD position because it worked out better with his schedule. Anyway, there was a last minute change and so after much discussion and prayer, he decided to take the position. We were really excited about the new experience BUT, we had to move, ASAP. So, Wednesday night, we were already taking a load of stuff over to our new place. Same with Thursday. On Friday, we took a break to have a good-bye party for Catherine. I'm so sad that Catherine has officially left her job at the law school, but I know that our friendship transcends Pepperdine:) I was part of the work party planning crew and I thought she needed a tiara for the occasion.

The VIP going away party was held at the newest Malibu restaurant, Cafe Habana. If you are ever in the area, check it out--it's delicious and a really cool environment.

We moved all day Saturday and by Sunday, we got some much needed and appreciated help with the furniture. I took Monday off of work to get us settled and I'd say we are about 90% there. We are now in a 2 bedroom apartment (woo hoo!) so we are waiting on a new bed that we ordered. I am SO excited about the extra bedroom...Casa Echols will soon be open for VISITORS!

Hope everyone has been doing great. I can't believe it's almost time for school to start back up again. Aaron is currently in Yosemite for a housing and residence life training trip and tomorrow, I will go to see our friends John and Ari tie the knot. Can't wait! Enjoy the rest of the weekend and I hope to be blogging again SOON!

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living." Psalm 27:13

0 comments: