I bet I am starting to sound like a broken record, huh? This WILL be the last time I have to call another post a "catch up post"....I hope:)
Well, let me go ahead and get you all caught up on the happenings here. Aaron just completed his 3rd week of business school and between school and the RD gig, he's pretty busy. Aaron has quite a few meetings and one-on-one's with his staff every week and he also has a staff meeting at our house on Thursday nights. With all his free time, he's been doing great work on the half marathon training schedule. The man who claims to hate to run has been logging miles (fast ones at that!) like a pro. Could we have a lifelong runner in the making??
I am holding my own in the busy schedule department...work is great but we have been having tons of events and I have some traveling coming up this fall as well. I am also involved with a new Bible study that meets twice a month, my women's Bible Study that meets every Tuesday, and Aaron and I are still going to the Wednesday night graduate student Bible study as well. Fitness classes started this past week and so I teach spinning on Monday nights and Friday mornings. I was going to teach a kickboxing boot camp class on Tuesday nights but once I realized what our schedules were going to be like, well, I DO want to spend some time with my husband, thankyouverymuch!
So yes, we're a bit busy this semester.
In addition to the stuff we have planned for, you gotta love the unexpected stuff...like stitches. Most of you have probably heard about this by now but about a month ago, I was washing dishes when a glass fell and sliced my right pinky. An ER visit and 4 stitches later...um, yes. It kept me out of work for two days because of the throbbing and I had the stitches in for about 15 days. The cut was on the joint and so the Dr. wanted me to give it lots of time to heal. I'm still babying the little guy but it's probably functioning at about 90% right now. Whew, quite an experience.
But there's always the fun unexpected stuff too....
Like when my parents drove from SF to celebrate my brother's 30th. Look at this cake that T ordered for the birthday boy:
Or, when we drove to San Diego yesterday to see Brad Paisley, Darius Rucker, and Justin Moore! Our friend had extra tickets ($10 for lawn seats!) and we worked it out so that we could get away yesterday afternoon, go to the concert, stay in a hotel near the venue, and drive back this morning. We had a great time. For $5 more, a staffperson sold us tickets for actual seats in the middle section so we lucked out!
Even though it seems like it was forever ago, just 2 weeks ago, we were in Tahoe for the annual Labor Day trip. It was such a much-needed break for both of us and we had a great time with my family. The weather was the best it had ever been over the holiday weekend. Wonderful trip, just too short, of course.
My uncle made a new crawfish-catching contraption and it worked!
Aaron and Brandon decided to partake in a "physical challenge" where Bran tossed a crawfish and Aaron caught it in the bucket on his head.
Mom, Annie, Kristi, and I tied our innertubes together and tried to get away from the shore...
Bran and Aaron developed a new fishing tactic. They got in the water and turned over rocks and picked up the crawdads that way.
Awkward family photo
Princess Kristi:)
Last weekend (wow, I'm all over the place in the chronology of this post), Aaron took a surf lesson! He did a great job and stood up more than a handful of times!
Aaron and I participated in Step Forward Day. Step Forward Day is a Pepperdine tradition of going into the community and serving for the morning. Aaron went into LA with his residents and staff to spread knowledge and awareness about human trafficking and I organized the law school's event. Along with 14 alums and students, we spent the morning at the Alliance for Children's Rights. We closed legal guardianship cases and made auction paddles for the organization's largest fundraiser which will take place in the spring. After our morning of service, we all went to have Korean BBQ for lunch. It was a delicious adventure:)
So, I think I've caught you up...and I hope to not have to summarize like that again! Just don't hold me to it:)
Hope you are having a great weekend. We're watching the 'Horns with Jerren at home, just like the good ol' days. Ah, everything feels right in the world...
"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple." Psalm 27:4
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Catching Up....AGAIN.

Posted by
Courtney
at
8:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment