Tuesday, March 8, 2011

4 months.

That's quite a record! I couldn't even tell you how many times I've said, "Wow, I really need to blog"...and now it's almost four months later. SO much has happened and I'd like to think that Aaron and I are finally at a place in our lives that we can be better about this blogging thing. Well, buckle up, here's a quick picture tour of what we've been up since October!

OCTOBER
We carved pumpkins with the Marrs (who are expecting baby Reid in about TWO weeks!):

We went to Aaron's Housing and Residence Life "Rocktoberfest" Halloween party as Wayne and Cassandra (snake included!)



NOVEMBER (aka, "running month")
We flew out to Odessa for a 10K and sweet Annie (Weaver) Parnell's beautiful wedding:


A week after the Odessa trip, we ran our first half marathon. It was extra special to run with one of my best friends in the whole world, Jackie Rae!


I had to travel to Seattle for work and Mom met me up there for 3 days of mother-daughter fun.




We spent Thanksgiving in San Francisco with my family and rounded off running month with a 5 mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day.

Mom's Christmas card photo shoot

Aaron and I took advantage of being in the city and drove across the bridge to walk through Muir Woods.



DECEMBER
Aaron was sworn into the California Bar!

Rather than attend his MBA graduation, Aaron and I took a quick trip to Austin for the weekend to see our dear friends Mitchell and Laura tie the knot. We stayed at the Stephen F. Austin and witnessed one of the most beautiful weddings. Before heading back home, we soaked up Austin--we went to the flagship Whole Foods store, visited the Capitol, had gospel brunch at Stubb's, and squeezed in a visit to the Austin Museum of Art downtown with our good friends, John and Ari. It was an awesome weekend.


Bluebell Ice Cream at the reception--yes please!


We spent the holidays in Odessa and have NO pictures?! What the heck. Fail.

JANUARY
I celebrated a sweet friend's birthday with a bunch of awesome girls (at El Cholo where we had our rehearsal dinner!)

I also ran a 10K for Pepperdine and placed third in my age division and got a MEDAL?!

I also helped host sweet Nicole's baby shower! So much fun.


I was the only non-pregnant hostess!

We were so lucky to have some time with our precious friends Randy and Christie who now live in Delaware with their 1-year old Micah!



FEBRUARY
Aaron sat for the Texas bar and Mom came to visit so I wouldn't have to be alone while he was gone. We had a great time--Mom helped me with a baby shower for my co-worker Rian and we had so much fun just hanging out. We shopped, ate, saw a
middle-school production of Annie...




Of course, the best part of the weekend was picking Aaron up from the airport AND having Mom and Aaron home at the same time...and hanging out with Bran, T, and T's nephew Noonie!



MARCH
March is off to a wonderful start. My sweet husband is done with school AND the bar and we're enjoying every second of his new found free time. This past weekend, we went to our fourth Law School Dinner and had a wonderful evening.

Our fave

Some of my awesome friends that I just happen to work with

I also got to see Jackie this past weekend! In December, Jackie moved to Aspen. Of course, I miss her but that is outweighed by how happy I am for her and the move. I didn't let her get away without leaving something here...on December 1, Aaron and I made our first BIG purchase as a married couple...we bought Jackie's 2005 Jeep Liberty! It has been such a blessing and we love it. It is so great to have a little bit of Jackie in LA and it's the car that I rode to our wedding in so it's already quite meaningful to us. I don't have a picture of it but it's black and WONDERFUL!


Whew. I think that's enough motivation for me to not let that much time pass without blogging again! Here's to being better at it!!

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.” 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

5 comments:

CCR said...

Glad you're back! :)

Jacqueline said...

I love you guys and I think you may have inspired me to start blogging! Muah! Keep it up, I love reading your entries and seeing all your sweet photos! Xoxo Love, Jackie Rae

Jamie Elwell said...

yay! Love the update. =)

Courtney said...

I am so happy to be back and I hope that now that Aaron is done with the bar, we will be out and about on many new adventures:)

Jackie, I am 100% in support of a blog..."Californian in Colorado", maybe??

Kate said...

Yay! Miss ya little one - glad to hear you both are well!:)