Thursday, November 4, 2010

More Travels

I have a perfectly good excuse this time, I promise! Two weeks ago, I was traveling for work for an entire week. Of course that means that last week, I was playing catch up and so I'm just getting around to re-capping my trips. I was sent to Colorado, Utah, and Arizona by the admissions office at the law school to do some recruiting in the form of law fairs at University of Colorado, Boulder, University of Utah, BYU, University of Arizona, and finally, Arizona State. It was quite a week but so much fun.

I left for Boulder on a Sunday night because the law fair at CU was on Monday morning. I flew into Denver at night and made the 30 minute drive to Boulder. I was really excited to be there because I've never been to Colorado. My hotel was located pretty close to a lot of sights and I was only about 1 mile from the campus. On Monday morning, I woke up and went for a run since we are only a little over a week away from our half marathon! Helllllloooo altitude. I had just run my 12 mile training run the Saturday before I left and so I couldn't figure out why that first mile was a little tough. Silly me and my sea level living! The run was great, though, and before I knew it, I was checking out of my hotel and heading to the campus. Because I had flown in at night, I did not realize how beautiful all of the trees were. I honestly have never seen anything so stunning. The law fair went well but I'll admit that I was pretty anxious for it to end so I could go exploring. I ended up at a place called the Pearl Street Mall, which, for those of you who have been to see us in LA, is a lot like the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica. I'll let the pictures do the talking...


This is the view from outside of the CU student union

Pearl Street Mall




Isn't this just breathtaking?




I had to catch an evening flight out of Denver to Salt Lake on Monday night so I killed some time in downtown Denver before returning my rental car.





On Tuesday morning, I headed to the University of Utah, or as people call it in Salt Lake, "The U". What a gorgeous campus! The trees were a lot like Colorado and it was about 70 degrees and a cloudless sky. After another successful law fair, at the recommendation of a good friend, I drove into the mountains about 35 minutes to Park City. Ho-ly cow. Parky City is quite possibly the most beautiful place I've ever seen. The pictures don't do it justice but that won't stop me from posting about a thousand here for you to see.


I kept trying to find a good place to pull over and then I realized that the beauty was seriously EVERYWHERE I LOOKED!








One of the highlights, of course, was Main Street in Park City. I can only imagine how packed this place is in the winter!



Just as I was leaving Park City for Salt Lake, I couldn't help but stop for a few more pictures.



On my way back into Salt Lake, I decided that I wanted to stop at the Capitol before the sun set. I'm glad that I did!




As you can imagine, my heart was pretty full after spending the afternoon in such a beautiful place. After pouring out the details of the day to Aaron, I grabbed dinner at Whole Foods (a nod to single Courtney days, haha!) and hit the hay for another day of recruiting. On Wednesday, I drove about 45 minutes to Provo to recruit at BYU. Immediately after the law fair, I drove to the Salt Lake airport to catch a flight to Tucson. From Tucson, I drove to Tempe and then headed back to LA on Saturday. I didn't take any pictures in Arizona but I promise that I had a good time! Let's face it, Boulder and Salt Lake/Park City are a tough act to follow. It was a long week but it was fun and I can't believe that I actually get paid to see the country, meet nice people, eat good food, and talk about Pepperdine!

Like I said, last week kind of flew by since I was playing catch up. We did manage to make some time last Friday to carve pumpkins with our dear friends, Jeremy and Nicole though (and Baby Boy Marrs who will be here in March!! Doesn't Nicole look so great!?)

It was fun and fitting to carve pumpkins with them because before I left for my travels, we went to the pumpkin festival with them in Calabasas.

Here we are at the patch in our burnt orange (this was the Saturday that the Horns beat Nebraska)

And then, there was Halloween last week! Aaron and I dressed up as Wayne and Cassandra from Wayne's World. We went to a party on Sunday night called "Rocktoberfest" so we tried to go along with the rocker theme:)


We didn't win best costume or anything but it was fun.

So, how are y'all? Hope everyone has had a great couple of weeks. Aaron and I are flying to Texas tomorrow for a special little lady's wedding on Saturday. While we are there, we are also going to run a 10K race on Saturday morning! We are excited. It's another busy couple of weeks but I'm going to try to stay on top of my blogging!

Have a wonderful weekend!

"You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:6-8

1 comments:

CCR said...

When we were driving cross-country, we felt the same way you did about Colorado. We LOVED the Glenwood Springs area. Unfortunately, we didn't make it to Boulder, but we're planning to get there in the near future!