Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

To all the new moms, mom-to-be's, and amazing women in my life that have been like moms to me, congratulations! I hope you enjoyed the day made just for you to recognize all your hard work every other day of the year.

And, last but not least, I LOVE YOU MOMMIE!



My mom is amazing. Anyone and everyone who meets her quickly understands why my grandparents named her "Joy". She is a completely selfless giver-and always has been. Her unconditional love is evident in my vent sessions she patiently endures, the frequent trips to the post office to send me care packages, the advice I can always count on, the e-cards on the 8th of every month and my "little" birthdays...her love is endless. Mom, I'm so thankful for who you are and every big and little thing you do for me. I can't wait to see you this week!

Aaron and I spent our Sunday at church where Aaron announced that he would be gone for the summer:( We stopped for lunch on the way back to my apartment and then decided to experiment with some cake making products that Aaron's aunt, uncle, and cousins sent to me for my birthday. We are going to make a birthday cake for a very special person this week;) so we wanted to do a trial run so we could get it PERFECT! We had a lot of fun (making it and eating some too)...here's what we were working with:



We made our two level Funfetti cake using the new cake leveler:



Then, I fell in love with the new tool to spread the frosting! I'm obsessed.



Aah, a perfect canvas for decorating:



And then the fun started. I guess we were in a Pepperdine (orange and blue) mood:









Not bad for our first crack at it, right??




The funny thing is that we didn't even know what to do with the cake afterwards! Normally, I never worry about it because I just send sweets home with Aaron. Between him and his roomates, food is gone in no time. But because everyone moved out, is anyone interested in cake??

I hope that all the mommies had a relaxing day of appreciation...and that everyone had a great weekend!

Aaron and I are hiking to the Hollywood sign tomorrow morning-woo hoo!!! Full report tomorrow...:) What a blessing to have all this time to enjoy together--I'm so thankful!

"If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. " Luke 6:33

0 comments: