Saturday, May 10, 2008

Moves R Us!

Well, let's see-since I last updated, Aaron finished finals on Thursday (hooray!) He drove out to Santa Monica to have lunch and spend the afternoon doing nothing (literally!) with me. I surprised him with these since he has been pretty crazy about strawberries lately (and if you know him, you know that he is ALWAYS crazy about chocolate:))



*by the way, the crunchy looking ones are dipped in crushed oreos. I thought I would try it out since Aaron likes oreos...I think they need to be crushed so they are a little more like "dust" next time*

Last night we had dinner with our friends Randy and Christie. We drove out to Westlake Village to a bike store where they had their bikes boxed up for their big move back to Delaware this summer. It took no time at all to get the bikes and then they were sweet enough to treat us to dinner. Here we are, pre-dinner at Chili's (YUM!)



It is always nice to see them. This morning, their Roadway truck came to their apartment on campus and a bunch of us helped them load up the truck. It's probably the Tetris-loving nerd in me, but I thought it was so fun to get all their stuff and try to find a way to make it all fit neatly so they would use the least space (you pay per foot) and so that there would be as little shifting as possible during the move. Christie Herndon is my HERO when it comes to packing. Every box was labeled, numbered, stickered--so impressively organized! After that, we got some lunch and then watched some of the Pepperdine v. Portland baseball game. It was gorgeous out! We stayed for a bit, but then we headed back up to Aaron's apartment. Sad sight, everyone is packing up! We loaded up Aaron's truck to help move his roommate Isaac out to the westside and so I just came home from moving stuff into Isaac's storage unit. Aaron has yet to come over because he is helping Isaac get some furniture to put into the storage unit too. I bet we are going to have some achy muscles tomorrow!

We are supposed to go a work friend's housewarming party but I'm not sure we will make it. We may be too tired!

In other news, Aaron's parents are officially in California! They landed in Oakland this morning and when we called them, they were in a natural foods market in Alameda...ha ha! They are staying in Berkeley til Monday, I think, and then they will make their way down here for graduation on FRIDAY! I'm getting SO excited for all the fun:)

Well, congratulations to all my law school friends that are now OFFICIALLY done with the 2007-2008 year...especially my sweet 1Ls. You DID IT!!!

Happy weekend and mother's day eve:)

"Where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there."
James 3:16

0 comments: