Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Long Time Gone

As Aaron and Matt Bryan would say, "Oh, hello!"

It has been quite busy the past week with graduation festivities and other fun stuff since we had a week off inbetween finals ending and graduation. I will try to quickly recap last week!

As I mentioned in my last post, Aaron and I hiked to the Hollywood sign last Monday. It was a little bit anti climatic because you can't get very close. But, we had a good time and it was fun to do the whole tourist thing:)

Here's a picture from the top:


And a picture from the bottom!


On Tuesday, we made a birthday cake for our dear friend Kate. We were so happy with how it came out. We even sent pictures to Aaron's parents on their blackberry because we couldn't contain our excitement to give it to the birthday girl on Wednesday! Also, on Tuesday--we had lunch with our friend Erin's mom who was visiting from Virginia. It was super nice out so we sat outside for lunch. When I got home, I told Aaron to ask me what time it was!!! haha:)

My awesome tan lines:


Aaron making the even more awesome cake!


And then, Wednesday, Kate's birthday!!! Kate and I spent the morning roaming-and falling in love--with the Santa Monica farmer's market. We were overwhelmed by the pretty flowers and all the produce. They have it on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Look at these beautiful artichokes:


Kate buying this really pretty herbal bouquet:


Showing off our farmer's market finds and the finished cake!


Thursday morning was the 3L breakfast at Pepperdine. They transformed the cafeteria into a really pretty setting and it was fun to see everyone excited for graduation the next day...

My dear friend Chris:


I love these girls:


The best study buddy, my great friend Johnny:


I left a few minutes early from the breakfast so I could meet Aaron in Santa Monica to pick up his brother, Ryne at the airport. He was so sweet to fly in from College Station just for the graduation weekend. It was Ryne's first time in California!
We went to see Aaron's parents at their hotel in Marina Del Rey. They had driven from Monterey that day and it was so great to see them!

My parents and grandparents were also driving in on Thursday from San Francisco. We had a "meet the parents" dinner on Thursday at Spruzzo in Malibu. It was a perfect setting and a pretty perfect evening. Don't ask me why we didn't get a picture as proof:) But here are some from that dinner:

My sweet parents:


My sweet Aaron:)--one of my new favorite pictures!


Well, THIS was a long post!

"Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another." Romans 12:9-10

0 comments: