Sunday, June 22, 2008

HOT HOT HOT

*Whew*, greetings everyone from my hot little apartment!

It's been so hot here that it has forced me to camp out at Starbucks this whole weekend. They keep me caffeinated and cool and I don't leave until I finish my homework so it has been a pretty productive weekend. I was happy to have another fabulous Friday with Kate...we had a delicious dinner at Buddha's Belly in Santa Monica, got crafty (more on that in a second!), and watched The Bucket List. Always a great time:)

As for the crafting, I have to set the stage a little bit for this one. My Sundays this summer are extra special because I have been going to church with my sweet friend Erin. She just finished her 1L year (with flying colors, yeah girl!) and she is spending her summer in LA, working at the Union Rescue Mission on Skid Row and working as a research assistant for a professor at school. Erin and I met at the beginning of the year and just hit it off from the get-go. Over the past year, I have been blessed by her friendship and one of the funny factoids about Erin and my friendship is that I have met her whole family-Dad, Mom, Sister-SEPARATELY. Her parents are in Virginia and her sister Caitlin, who is going to be a Junior at Pepperdine next year, was in London this past year and I met them on each of their own visits out here. So fun! Pretty much loved them from the get-go too!

So, at the beginning of this summer, Erin moved out of George Page and into the "stinkies". They are the apartments located RIGHT down the hill from campus...and are so aptly named because every once in awhile, there's a bit of a stink in Malibu. ANYWAY, Erin is living there now and is sort of holding down the fort until her sister and her sister's friend move in for the year!

Last week, I officially saw the apartment. Erin's room is so cute-Shabby Chic furniture, baby blue bedding--and as I was sitting there, I saw the perfect opportunity to make her a housewarming gift!

So, without further adieu, the new apartment girl with her present!





I was so excited to give them to her today and she just sent me a picture text on my phone of where she had already hung them up. So much fun.

It looks like it's fixin' to be a LONG week. We have lots of homework on the schedule and then we will be doing a simulated test day on Thursday. We will be simulating day 2 of the bar exam which is 100 multiple choice from 9-12 in the morning, and then 100 more from 1-4 in the afternoon. Friday and Saturday we will go over every single question so those days require us to be in class from 9-4 as well...please keep me and all my classmates in your prayers!

Hope everyone had a great week...enjoy the LAST week of June!

How fitting is this today:
"Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it." Hebrews 12:11

1 comments:

*Courtney* said...

Those letters are so cute! You are truly such a crafty person, and so generous. That's a special gift from God all it's own!

Hope things "cool" down a bit. :)