Thursday, July 10, 2008

Long Time Gone!

A friend of mine from school had as her facebook status yesterday, "time also flies when you're not having fun". Although I cannot say that I have not had any fun moments these past few weeks, I had to laugh out loud when I read it because it could not be more true. As of today, I will be sitting for the California Bar Exam in 19 days. Holy cow! Hopefully that explains why I have been unable to blog recently. There have been lots of emotions since the last time that I blogged. But overall, I am doing really good! I have been able to completely keep up with what I've been doing all along--barbri homework, sleeping, working out, standing weekly dates, TAWG (Time Alone With God, thanks to Aaron's parents church!). Of course, when I start to think about the test, I have to use all my power to fight the creeping doubts, fears, and insecurities, but I know that those feelings are only natural and I just try to turn them around and use them as fuel to get me through the task I have in front of me at that moment. So far, so good and I'm so grateful for the peace of the Lord. I have had these really cool moments where God has fully calmed and reassured me that He's in charge and that everything is going to turn out EXACTLY as He has planned for me. I sure hope that is a "pass" come November, but that's part of the trusting:) Please continue to keep me in your prayers as I enter into the hardest part of this journey. We have 4 more days of barbri, just 1 more subject to review, and then I have 13 days ON MY OWN, to be as productive as possible.

A lot has definitely happened but I have a full day of Wills and Trusts waiting on me today so here's the cliff notes version of the past few weeks:

1. I have a new addition in my life:

By pure coincidence, my contract was up the day that I decided to go into AT&T and "browse". So I took advantage of the situation and totally upgraded my phone situation. I surely did not intend to be one of those crackberry addicts but...well, I really don't know how I lived without it. Thankfully, I bought it on a Sunday so my brother and his girlfriend were able to give me the full tutorial. It's actually a work in progress as I discover all the neato things about this amazing device. My brother downloaded google maps for me last Sunday at dinner and that program works with the GPS in my phone (what!) so I will never ever be lost again. Too cool, seriously. I can't say enough about this phone...the camera is awesome, and mailing without having to turn on my computer - genius. Love love love it.

2. A couple of weeks ago, we had a speaker at class that suggested that we check out our test location before the exam to get acquainted with our surroundings. My friend Mary and I took the advice to heart and we planned to go to Ontario the day after the 4th to check it out. Mary couldn't make it but I decided to check it out anyway. So, last Saturday night I made the 50 minute drive. I got so lucky and the girl working at my hotel was sweet enough to give me a full tour of my hotel! She showed me where my room would be and then she took me to see a similar room to mine (there were people staying in my actual room). Praise God! My hotel rocks! I have a SEPARATE room off from the bed area with a microwave, refrigerator, couch, and TV! I'm 3 doors down from the weight room, woo! and the pool is nice. Not a bad place to spend 3 very tough days. I also walked across the street to the convention center to get an idea of what it would be like on test days and so overall, it was a really great experience. Oh, the best part is that I have dinner planned for every single night I'm there...


YEAH!!!

Here's a few pictures of my hotel (taken with my new phone, oh yeah!)

My home July 28-31


The separate room with all the goodies:


This is a blurry view from my hotel room to the convention center. Me and that little path are going to be old friends by July 31


3. Lastly, I was fortunate enough to experience my first beach baptism last night! I have been going to Wednesday nights with Campus Ministry this summer and last night there were 2 precious souls that we're being baptized! We had some worship time and then we watched from the shore....so cool. It was an awesome reminder of what is important and I was so happy to be a part of it.

Thomas, one of the campus ministers, talking to Chelsea about baptism:


Heading to the water


Chelsea coming out of the water


Kevin, getting ready (I love how small they look compared to the ocean)


Praises, praises, praises!!



I hope that everyone is having a great week. I miss you all so much and I can't wait to be able to keep in touch better come August:)

"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers." Ephesians 4:29

1 comments:

Sweet.and.Sowers said...

This bar thing is crazy!!! I feel you on all the emotions - I'll be praying for you and you pray for me :) XO, Kari
See you in Ontario!