There is this...this...thing going around on facebook where you write 25 random things about yourself and then "tag" people that you want to write one of these lists too. I guess you would call it a sort of modern day chain letter. I generally try to avoid these things but last night, I admitted to myself that I have really enjoyed reading other people's lists and I started to wonder what my list would look like if I did it. So, rather than post it on facebook for all of that world to see, I figured I'd do a blog post about it. Ironically, most of you who actually read my blog probably know these things about me but hey, here goes!
So, without further ado, in no particular order, 25 random things about me:
1. Water is my favorite drink--of all time. When I was in 5th grade, I asked for a Brita pitcher for my birthday (I think my parents were happy to oblige). I couldn't tell you how much I drink throughout the day. I like it at room temperature, with no ice and no straw, because it makes it easier for me to gulp it. And yes, I am a loud gulper...poor Aaron.
2. Speaking of poor Aaron, I inherited terrible circulation. My hands are almost always cold; "ice paws" as Aaron and I have come to name them. My feet might be worse.
3. I love sending and receiving "snail mail". When I'm home mid-day, I listen for the mailman to come through the gate. If I'm out all day, I honestly think that maybe the mailman didn't come that day if I don't have any mail waiting for me.
4. I really like lettuce. I don't like salad dressing because I can't taste the lettuce. I sometimes buy bagged lettuce to eat as a snack.
5. I LOVE washing dishes. I am hoping to use this as leverage when Aaron and I get married because there are domestic things I really don't like doing, like putting sheets on the bed (THE WORST!) or putting laundry away.
6. I don't wear lipstick but I'm obsessed with chap stick...and I don't discriminate as to brands or flavors...I love (and probably have) them all. I also have a terrible habit of leaving chapsticks in my purse pockets.
7. I say "that's a God thing" probably once a day about something or the other.
8. I have been complimented for having a pretty smile but I'm actually very insecure about my "little" teeth. My dentist always said that it would be really easy for him to fix (I think with veneers) but part of me feels like it would be a weird and obvious change at this point.
9. I learned to read while I was in preschool. The other kids (who were my friends...I wasn't a nerdy loner, I promise!) would go outside to play or eat dirt or whatever:) and I would stay inside and learn. I actually remember learning about amphibians, mammals, and reptiles and the vertebrates/invertebrates distinction. When I was 4, my parents took my brother and I on our annual trip to Disneyland. Mom and I were on the submarine "ride" and I told Mom, "look at the echinoderm"; I had learned the scientific name for "starfish" at preschool. Mom says the lady standing next to us looked at me, looked at Mom, and said, "How old is she?!"
10. I love watching sitcoms on the Disney Channel and ABC Family. I know I'm way too old for this stuff but I like the simplicity and squeaky clean storylines.
11. As much as I like to socialize, I am not much of a phone talker. I think whoever invented text messaging is a genius because it is so perfect to tell someone quickly that you are thinking about them or that one important thing you have to tell them at that moment.
12. I love being a girl. Not just a girl, a girly-girl. I wear dresses almost every day and my feet actually hurt more when I wear flats than when I wear heels. And I love wearing hair doodads...flowers, headbands, ponytail holders, I love it all.
13. My lower eyelashes grow inward towards my eyes. Gross, I know. I complained about having itchy eyes when I was younger and we thought that I just had bad hayfever. My eye doctor realized that the itching was really my eyelashes scratching my corneas...apparently, if you look at my eyes with the proper eye instruments, my eyelashes look like blades of grass against my eyeballs. There were murmurs that I would maybe have to get surgery if it didn't get any better. Thank goodness for CONTACTS. Easy solution to a very strange problem.
14. I can listen to the same CD over and over again for about a month straight without getting tired of it.
15. I love drinking coffee, tea, and coke zero but I wish I didn't drink any kind of caffeine at all.
16. I rub my feet together before I fall asleep at night. Aaron catches me doing it while we are watching TV or something at night and he calls me out right away that I must be tired.
17. One of my favorite things in the world is old people holding hands. I love it so much that I feel the need to announce it when I see it:)
18. I love how the French greet each other with the multiple kisses...2 for an acquaintance but up to 4 for family or close friends. I get a kick out of watching young French men observing the tradition. I wish that it'd catch on in America but it's probably cool because we haven't (and probably won't ever).
19. I have a terrible habit of hanging multiple clothing articles on one hanger. (Terrible habit or making the most of the space I have!?) I hope to one day have a large enough closet to have one thing per hanger...and a good way to store handbags and shoes so that I can see them all.
20. I used to be very superstitious but I think that I have gotten better. In college, I didn't cut my fingernails once I started studying for finals because I was afraid I would cut away all the good luck. I also had good and bad numbers. The treadmills at my gym are numbered and I would worry that I'd have a bad run if I got on a "bad" numbered treadmill. My roomate in college actually told me that she thought I was in the early stages of OCD.
21. I think open car windows are almost always better than air conditioning.
22. I love to make to do lists and I sometimes put things on there that I've already done just so that I can cross it off the list.
23. Thanks to my Daddy, I know how to change a tire with a handjack.
24. Thanks to a trip to New Orleans, I know how to use a machete to cut carpet.
25. I fell in love with country music in college thanks to a roomate who grew up on a dairy farm in Southern California. Guess God knew that He was sending me a Texan years later:)
Man, let me tell you, 25 is a LOT of things about yourself! It took me about a week to come up with this, haha. Hope you enjoyed it!
How's everyone's week going??
"Where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there." James 3:16
Thursday, February 12, 2009
25 Things

Posted by
Courtney
at
10:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment