Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"And I Thought I Loved You Then..."


This past Sunday, we celebrated our engageaversary (maybe I made that word up). A cliff notes version of the momentous occasion: Rewind back to August 30, 2008. Aaron and I drove up to Lake Tahoe with my Mom for Labor Day weekend. My Annie and cousin Kristi met us up there and we went out for dinner, got groceries, and a few hours later, I was going to be Aaron's bride. It's so fun to think back to and look at pictures from that special and best-surprise-ever weekend.

My mom took this photo of us on the drive into the Lake...when I had NO IDEA what Aaron was up to.

You can read our full engagement story here, but I couldn't resist re-posting this picture which was a vital part of the, admittedly biased, best proposal in the history of proposals.

The rest of the trip was full of fun Tahoe activities Bran and I grew up enjoying. I was so happy (duh) and I felt so blessed to spend that special week with some of my family.

The best part of the trip was when we decided that we ought to make this Tahoe trip every Labor Day Weekend. I remember thinking that it would be so weird to come again next September after we were married...and now it's just a few days away! We are looking forward to...

s'mores

taking the Fun Island out on the lake

crayfishing

beautiful lake sunsets

meals out on the cabin's deck

revisiting our engagement site


...and all the new memories we're sure to make this year.

So, how does a very blessed couple celebrate an engageaversary?


Just being us.

Aaron, I didn't think you could make me any happier on that special day back in August of last year, but I was wrong. Every single day, you love me in a way that I didn't know was possible and I truly feel like the luckiest girl in the world to share my life with such an amazing man. Here's to many more engageaversaries together!

Hope you all have a fast work/school week before a great Labor Day weekend!
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him." Jeremiah 17:7

0 comments: