Well, I'm behind yet again. I can't believe it's been two weeks or so since I've blogged! Anyway, as predicted, it's been a bit of a quiet summer since Aaron is so diligently studying for the bar but there's nothing wrong with that and this season of our lives will be over before we know it.
Really, there's just been a whole lot of fitness going on lately. After finishing Insanity, I decided to start all over again. I did about 2 weeks of the first month when some of our friends who live on campus wanted to start it. So, for about 4 weeks, I did Insanity with them. After my 6th week of Insanity round 2, I was definitely ready for something new. Fortunately, the plan all along had been to swap our Insanity for P90x with our friends, Nicole and Jeremy. 
Honestly, I was originally pretty anti-P90x. Everything I knew about it was muscle building....and as a girl, I'm not all that interested in getting bulky. This, however, is such a common misconception of strength training for women. I mean, even if I tried, I wouldn't end up looking like Tony Horton, the creator, haha. I figured it was definitely worth a shot since quite a few people have done it or are doing it. I just finished week two and it's growing on me. My honest review of it is that it's a lot less challenging than I thought it would be. I realize that coming off of a program as intense as Insanity probably helps but I was surprised at just how much I could do in the first week. The strength training is great because I wouldn't really do it on my own. It is teaching me to be really diverse in my workouts because in one week, the program takes you through weight, plyometrics, yoga, and kenpo. It's far from boring but I am excited that this week I will be doing what they call "doubles" -- adding 3 days of cardio workouts a week. I do love me some sweatin!
Speaking of sweating, I have definitely been doing some of that this weekend. 
Yesterday, I spent 9 hours in Long Beach (about an hour away) at a Spinning instructor orientation. Basically, I attended yesterday's orientation so that I could take the assessment (read: written exam) to then obtain my certification. The exam should be pretty easy but I'll be excited when it's over and I officially have an instructor number and I'm good to go. I am really relieved to have the 9 hour day behind me, especially because I'll be teaching my first class at Pepperdine on July 7th. My regular instructor, Sarah, is going out of town for 2 weeks so I'll be covering both her cycling class and her circuits class. I will also be on the schedule this fall but a draft of that schedule is supposed to come out sometime soon. Woo hoo! I am really excited about having my very own class!!
Anyway, today is a very special day...Father's Day! As Aaron prayed over our lunch today, he thanked God for blessing both of us with wonderful dads. How often do I take this for granted--and not only our dads but all of the men in our lives--grandpas, uncles, etc. We are truly thankful for these wonderful models in our lives and even though we're far from our dads today, we hope they know just how much we love them.
Hope everyone has had a wonderful couple of weeks!
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Fitness and Father's Day

Posted by
Courtney
at
4:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment